Chapter 18- You will Pay

Ximena watched the drones come in to collect the corpses. They headed over to the cornucopia to clean it up a bit, trying to decide if they should go after other tributes or not. After a few minutes of packing, they heard a rustle in the trees.

"It looks pretty empty to me," said the voice of a girl. It sounded strangely familiar to Ximena. They poked their head out from behind a tree to find Alaya, Max, and that Ryan boy heading towards the cornucopia.

"Excuse me," Ximena said, strolling out with their bloody spear.

"Oh, hi, Ximena. Where's Haliey?" Alaya asked, grabbing her dagger.

"Dead," they replied, narrowing their eyes.

"Ah - I'm sorry. What happened?" The girl put on a face of sympathy (probably fake) for Ximena. The boys approached from the woods behind her, carrying bags.

"I killed her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jean and Rian had made their way out of the part of the arena where it had been raining. They were in a more whimsical place now. They headed to a spot near the cornucopia and saw the group standing around, talking. Jean decided to listen in on the conversation.

"Why would you kill her?" Alaya asked, looking at Ximena as if they were crazy.

"She cheated on me with Diego - in front of my own eyes!" Ximena answered. They didn't seem remorseful at all.

"Oh," Alaya said quietly. The boys behind her had been shocked into silence. Jean glanced at Rian, then motioned to the four.

"Now's our time to attack."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think someone's up there," Maliery whispered.

"My guess is as good as yours," Jay replied, tip-toeing. "We need to get up there and scare them off." The group continued to walk up the mountain. When they reached the top, they noticed a boy standing by his lonesome. Ondri Macklemor - age 17, from District 9. He seemed to be waiting for something next to a giant crater in the mountain.

"Hello, sir...? What are you doing on this mountain alone?" Maliery asked. Jay glanced in the direction the boy was looking.

"This is no mountain," Jay looked at the others, frightened. "It's an active volcano." He turned to see Ondri charging at him. Jay grabbed his spear and jumped over Ondri. The newcomer was strong and had no trouble manipulating Jay's grip. He stabbed Jay with the spear then pushed him into the lava, leaving behind a large trail of blood.

"No!" Q'uira screamed, charging at Ondri. She pushed him onto his back, grabbing Jay's spear. She stabbed him continuously, yelling the whole time.

"YOU WILL PAY!"