Package

I lay awake for most of the night, it was now 9:30am and the post office opened at 10 O'clock. I through the duvet off me and changed into my comfy tracksuit and went down stairs.
"Morning," Nana smiled, Celine had already gone to work.
"Morning, anyone want tea?" I asked, remembering what Celine said when she was on the toilet last night.
"Go on then," Nana reluctantly replied. I pressed the button on the kettle and got Nana's favourite mug out.
"What are you doing?" I laughed at Porsche, who was frantically flicking through the local news paper.
"Looking for a job, I'm sick of being stuck in this rabbit hutch all day," She moaned, flicking the page again.
"Well if you read it properly, you might find one easier," I laughed, pouring the hot water into Nana's cup.
"I'm trying but I don't know what kind of job I want," She sighed.
"There's that new place in town, the restaurant I can't remember what it's called. I'm sure they're looking for employees go down and have a look," I suggested.
"Yeah - that's a good idea. It can't be that hard, can it?" Porsche laughed, slamming the paper closed and going upstairs to get changed.
"She's pretty angry because Diane didn't give her the job," Lockie sniggered and I threw the old tea bag in the bin and poured milk into Nana's tea.
"Are you watching the tv?" I asked.
"Yeah, just came through to make myself some toast," She replied, placing two slices of toast in the toaster.
"Look come and sit down, I'll bring it to you," I offered and Nana looked shocked.
"What do you want?" Nana smirked.
"Nothing, trying to make up not coming for lunch yesterday," I smiled, sitting her in her favourite seat and placing her tea on the table in front.
"Thanks love," Nana beamed and I smiled back.
"You're up to something, I know it," Lockie smirked when I got back into the kitchen.
"Am I?" I laughed.
"Yeah, it's pretty obvious," He whispered.
"You're wrong," I smirked, getting the two pieces of bread out the toaster and spreading some lurpak on the bread.
"What does Nana usually have on her toast, accept for butter," I asked, turning around.
"Jam, the raspberry one. She likes the sweetness," Lockie explained.
"Right," I smiled, turning around and reaching in the cupboard for it.
"You're looking for it in the wrong place," Lockie laughed, reaching over me and into the cupboard.
"Oh right," I laughed, turning around and looking at him for a few seconds before taking the jam from his hand.
"Ellie-Anna, where's my toast at," Nana shouted through.
"Just coming," I replied, ducking under his arm and taking the plate through to the living room. After passing the plate to Nana, I walked up the stairs and used the bathroom and got changed. It was now nearly half past 10 and I dressed in my grey jogging bottoms and a black crop top which had long sleeves so I didn't need to take a coat.
"I'm going for a run, I'll see you later," I shouted down the stairs, while I was putting my trainers on.
"Well I'm going to the bingo soon and our Porsche's going job hunting," Nana told me.
"Alright, I'll take a bag with my phone and keys," I lied, I only wanted to take a bag so I could bring whatever this package was home without making it so suspicious. I opened the door and slammed it closed, I ran down the road, since if Porsche was going into town then she would be getting the bus then I didn't want her catching me. The run to town was quite long, around 20 minuets since running had short cuts that the bus didn't know. I ran straight in the post office and paused when I seen I was third in the line. I had my passport in my bag, because you needed ID, their was two counters both with people working on.
"Who's next?" The lady shouted and I was now second in the line. I was feeling so impatient and I just wanted to know what was in the package.
"Who's next?" The other lady shouted and the person in front of me moved towards her. First, I was first. The next few minuets seem like forever.
"Who's next please?" The second lady shouted and I walked up to the counter and placed my hands in front of the microphone.
"Hello, I was told there was a package here for me - my name's Ellie-Anna McQueen," I smiled and the lady looked up at me and took her glasses off.
"Have you got any ID?" She asked, turning around and walking over to a cupboard and bringing out two packages. I slid my passport under neith the glass window and she looked at the photo, then looked at me.
"Go to that door," She instructed and I shoved my passport back in the bag. One of the packages was a lot bigger than the other and were both wrapped in the same black bin bag like packaging.
"Thanks," I smiled, placing them both in my bag and leaving the post office, my phone buzzed.

No peaking 'til you get home
-Mercy.

I just ignored the message and looked around at people who were on their phones and nearby. There was lots of them and these text messages could be either one of them. I carried on walking down the street, clutching my phone tightly in my hands.