Nightmares.

I woke up, startled because I wasn't expecting the loud bang coming from outside the bedroom door. I rolled over and sat up, I rubbed my eyes and yawned a little. I checked my alarm clock, which was beside my pillow. The time was 2:45am. I needed to use the bathroom and got out of bed, I was wearing a leopard print bottoms and a black vest top. I opened my bedroom door and looked around. Porsche's door was closed, like Celine's but Nana's was half open since she thought the room was too stuffy with the door open. I twisted the handle of the bedroom door and sat on the toilet, when I was done I flushed the chain and washed my hands. I opened the bathroom door and walked out. My bedroom door was closed and I knew I'd left it open on purpose. I walked into the bedroom and closed the door again, not looking around and just getting striaght into bed because I was rather scared. I lay my head back down on the pillow and then something in the corner of the room creeked. I sat up in bed, there was a shadow in the room.

"Hello?" I called, quietly so nobody could hear from the other rooms.

"Ellie-Anna McQueen," Someone from beside the wardrobe said, coming out into the middle of the room. I reached over to turn the light on.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

"Leave the light babe," They called, walking towards me, it was ovious who it was. Mercedes.

"Mercedes?" I whispered.

"You know it," The mysterious person smirked.

"I thought you were gone," I stuttered.

"You're damn right, this must be the hottest ghost you've ever seen, right?" Mercedes laughed.

"Why are you doing this too me?" I whispered, getting up out of bed.

"Doing what?" She inwardly lied.

"You know, the photos, the money and the messages," I said but she continued to change the subject.

"Does your good old sister not get a hug?" She asked, I walked a little closer.

"No," I whispered, feeling her hair to check it was actually her. I then touched her face, it felt smooth like it use to, she had no spots and her freckles were hidden by a thick layer of foundation and powder. 

"You've grown up a lot in the past four months, you look very beautiful," Mercedes smiled, running her fingers down my face and touching my lips. 

"Where have you been all this time?" I asked.

"Out and about, nowhere special," She shrugged. "I'm glad you've kept my things, keeping my memory strong," She finished.

"I like it, makes me feel less alone," I told her.

"You best get back to bed, you'll be tired in the morning," Mercedes suggested, walking towards the door. 

"Answer me one thing," I asked her, when she had her thin fingers wrapped around the door handle.

"I can't," She replied. I sat on my bed and Mercedes came over and tucked me in the duvet and kissed my forehead.

"I miss you," I whispered when she walked back over to the door.

"I miss you too," She replied, opening the door and walking out. The door didn't close, instead I watched Mercedes pop her head around the door again. "One last thing, I don't know who this 'Mercy' is, but whoever it is is getting on my nerves," She called around the door. Then it closed and I straight away lept out of bed and opened the bedroom door, she was gone. There was nobody on the staircase and the cupboard beside my bedroom was empty. I turned around and closed the door again, creeping over into my bed. I placed my head on the pillow and looked at the rooof. My phone buzzed and it was ovious who it was, I leaned over and opened the message

Sweet dreams El.

-Mercy.