First Hearing

Today was important, I didn't have a solicitor or anyone on my side. I guessed that my whole family would be sitting watching me, I didn't know about any friends because I hadn't spoke to them in ages. I was wearing a thigh lenght dress, which was white and above the chest there was sequin like things on. Over the top was a black blazer, which had my sleeves rolled up and a pair of black high heels. My hair was on the top of my head in a bun, I had my makeup done as usual. I was sitting in that tiny 4 by 4 cell, where I'd spent my night. On the floor was a plate, which had something that resembled soup on it but I wasn't too sure. 

"Ms McQueen," A man bellowed, he was very tall and wearing a suit, he looked kind of like a bouncer. I stood up, brushed down my dress to make sure I looked as good as possible and followed him. He put his hand on my shoulders and turned me around, pushing me against the wall. He patted me down, to check I didn't have anything which I could harm myself with on me, he then hand cuffed my hands in front of me. Someone else closed my cell door, he took one of my shoulders and the other one took my other one. There was a door, it was double and they opened at the same time like they were automatic. I walked up some steps, maybe five or six. Then I was standing behind some glass, the two bouncer men were standing on my left and right but behind me. There was a lady, she was very old and was sitting higher up than everyone else. I looked around, the first people I saw who I recongnised were Porsche, Lockie, Jacqui and Celine. Mum and Nana weren't there. 

"Miss McQueen, do you plead guilty or not guilty to fraud?" The old lady asked.

"Not guilty," I said into the microphone in front of me.

"Do you plead guilty or not guilty to frameup?" The old lady asked, she was taking notes of what I was saying.

"Not guilty," I said again.

"Finally, do you plead guilty or not guilty to harbouring a fugitive?" She asked. I hesitated for a moment.

"Not guilty," I sighed.

"Can you speak up?" She insisted.

"Not, guilty," I told her, taking a little pause between the 'not' and 'guilty'. 

"I see that you've applied for bail," She whispered, I don't know if she was asking or telling or what but I didn't say anything regardless. "I've decided not to grant you bail, you're trail will be in 8 weeks time in the higher court," She said, banging a hammer on the table. I thought they only did that on the T.V. The men came back and took my back through the door. Instead of going straight down the corridor towards the cell, he took me into a room. He sat me on the chair and stood beside one of the doors. Through the other doors, immedietly came Jacqui, Porsche, Lockie and Celine. I stood up to hug them.

"Ms McQueen, take a seat," The man hissed, I looked at him before sitting down. Jacqui came and sat directly in front of me, she grabbed my hand and smiled. 

"Mercedes' hearing was before yours, I didn't relise she had handed herself in," She told me.

"Mercedes handed herself in?" I gasped, that might be by I got arrested.

"So did Grace, apparntly, they're trying to get you out," Porsche said.

"We'll they've gone the exact opposite," I sighed.

"Mercedes' been moved to the same prison as you're going to, so is Grace but she's still in hospital," Celine innocently said.

"How is Grace?" I asked, empersizing on the 'is'. 

"She's fine, no broken bones or anything just in shock," Celine explained.

"Good," I whispered.

"I want to ask you something," Jacqui nervously said.

"Okay," I smirked.

"I need a truthful answer," Jacqui ensured.

"Certainly," I scowled, being more nervous than she was.

"Did you see who stabbed you," Jacqui asked and I paused for a moment. I looked down at the table because I couldn't bare to even look at any of them.

"No I didn't," I sighed. 

"Okay," She smiled, squeezing my hand. 

"Time to wrap it up McQueen, your needed back in the cell," The bouncer man told us.

I stood up and hugged Jacqui, then Porsche then Celine.

"Be good," Lockie laughed, he always knew how to cheer me up. I hugged Lockie too.

"I love you all so much, tell Mum and Nana I love them," I smiled, the man grabbed my shoulders and walked me back out of the room and down to where my cell was from before. He uncuffed my hands and shut me back in the cell like a little cadged animal.