Trust Is A Risky Thing

“Katrina please!” Andrew begged.

“Get away from her” Jenna shouted at him while she hugged me.

“I think you have done enough.” I heard his voice. Max.

I looked up with my tear stained face. I made eye contact with Max for a second before looking between them. Max gave Andrew the coldest stare imaginable.

“Don’t” Andrew stated stepping towards Max.

Jenna was holding my hand whispering things in my ear to try and soothe the pain, but I didn’t hear a single word she said.

“You hurt her once, and that’s enough!” Max was sticking up for me. Me. The girl that ‘hated’ him. Or used to. I said I almost forgot about Max completely, but somewhere in the back of my mind, he always found a way to pop up.

Max stepped forward and they never broke eye contact. Andrew swiftly grabbed my wrist without looking and pulled me behind him. I let out a yelp of pain. He didn’t let go though and his grip was getting stronger and his nails were cutting into my skin.

“We aren’t over.” Andrew said.

“Yes you are. You just cheated on her. That doesn’t tell you anything?” Max stated.

“Andrew you’re hurting me” I whined.

“Shut up.” He spat. I never thought he would hurt me in general, and now he is physically hurting me. He was so cold. He was never like this. It scared me. He seemed dangerous although I didn’t know much about him, he never acted like this and I didn’t know what to do.

“Don’t talk to her like that. Let her go.”

“No.” He gripped harder. I felt like my bones were going to break any second.

“Ahh” I breathed trying to twist my arm around to make the pain hurt less. I knelt down as he gripped harder. I attempted to twist my wrist out of his hand, but I couldn’t move it.

“Don’t make me do it man. Just let go of her. You are hurting her!”

“Don’t make you do what?”

“Let go of her!!!” he shouted.

“Katrina!” Jenna rushed over to me.

“Oww! Help me” I cried.

“I don’t know what to do.” She whispered.

“Get away from her!” Andrew shouted at Jenna.I was scared. What was Andrew doing? “Shes fine.”

“She is on the ground crying because of you.”

“She is not crying because of m—“

I heard a crack. Then my wrist was free. Max’s fist had finally made contact with Andrews face. I didn’t bother to find out what part of his face he broke, because me and everyone else was rushing to get on the bus before he could get up and fight back.

“Go go go!!” Seth yelled to the driver. And off we went. I looked back out the window and saw Andrew sitting up. I was too far away to see his broken face though.

“Are you okay?” Aiden asked.

I couldn’t answer him. If I said anything right now I would cry. I stood up and made quick eye contact with Max before rushing into the back of the bus. I didn’t know where anything was on this bus but I found a door and went inside. It was a bathroom. It wasn’t too small, but it was big enough to fit maybe 3 people at once. I slide down the wall onto the floor and hid my face in my knees so I could cry. Which I did. And when I did, I didn’t stop. I lifted my head once, took a deep breath and lifted up my hand. I looked at my wrist. Right now it was mostly red with finger marks. There were a few blueish-purple bruises forming a ring. But it was going to be much worse tomorrow. It hurt to even move my wrist, but I had to do it. I had to move it around so I knew it was broken. I didn’t feel any cracking so I think its okay. But when I looked at my wrist a few more tears escaped un-willfully.