Plastic Knifes Don't Make Very Good Weapons

“So what happens if he breaks the restraining order?” I asked Jackson who was currently explaining to me that Andrew has to stay 1000 feet away from me at all times, and is not allowed to try and contact me in anyway. I had to admit I did feel safer, but I didn’t know if this was the right thing to do. Everyone kept telling me it was, but I just felt bad.

“Then he gets arrested and goes to jail,” he stated simply.

“Wait…for how long?”

“It depends on what he does, and how close he gets.”

“Ohh”

“Mhm. Trust me Katrina, you’re doing the right thing. He is going to try and hurt you again. I don’t want to put you or even Jenna in danger.” He cheeks tinged red as he said her name. How cute.

“I guess. I don’t want to put her through that again either.” I said “So how is her wrist?”

“She told me that its nothing serious, nothing is broken or sprained just really bruised. So they said to not put a lot of pressure on it until it gets better. Which probably means, same goes for you.”

“Yeah, I know. Thanks for all this Jackson.” I smiled and gave him a hug. I owed him big time.

“No problem!! We should turn this in and then meet everyone on the bus.”

“Yeah!” I agreed.

We walked out of the little room we were in, and went up to the front desk.

“Sir, we would like to turn this in.”

“Okay…what is it?” he asked

He seemed distracted by something on his computer. He wasn’t really listening to us.

“A restraining order” I said.

“For who?”

“Andrew Barnes.”

His head snapped up “did you say Andrew Barnes?”

“Yes why?” I asked nervously.

“He is on parole. How do you know him?”

“What’s he on parole for?”

“How do you know him?” he pushed.

“He was her boyfriend for a month.” Jackson said.

“He didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?” I was getting nervous.