𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2

Ring.... ring.... ri- I slam on my alarm.

I hear a nock on my bedroom door.

"Who is it?"

"Good morning sweetie." My dad slowly opens the door and makes his way over to me, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"I just wanted to say good morning, I'm starting work in a minute. Have a good day at school alright? I love you."

"I love you too dad."

I love my dad, really I do. Of course I love my mom too but when I was younger they split up for a short period of time. In that period of time, I lived with my dad and we did everything together.

They got back together when I was about 8, and I'm glad. I just hope they don't start with the on and off relationship again.

As he leaves my room I look over at my clock with only one eye open, I'm definitely not a morning person.

7:46. School starts at 8:15, ok, I think that'll be enough time to get ready for school.

I lazily roll out of bed and mope over to my closet.

Maybe I can tell my mom I have a migraine, I thought.

No, she won't believe me. I've used that excuse one too many times.

As I'm rummaging through my closet, I pull out an oversized sweater and some black cuffed mom jeans.

That'll do.

I walk into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I don't like to take a shower in the morning because I'm afraid I'll just fall asleep in it.

As I try to tame my hair with a brush, I start thinking about school.

Hopefully my friends are here today, if they aren't I'm not going to school.

I have pretty bad social anxiety so it scares me to talk to anyone outside of the party. Sure I'll talk to someone if they talk first, but I'm sure not going to make the first move.

I put on some converse and walk downstairs.

"Good morning mom" I smile at her

"Good morning Emmy, do you want breakfast?" She asked.

"No I'm ok mom, I'm going to be late for school if I do." I explain as I grab a granola bar off of the counter. "I will take this though."

"Ok Em, have a good day at school!"

"Love you mom!"

I grab my bike and speed to school

(Time skip)

"Meet, the human brain." Mr. Clarke sets down a model of a brain.

"I know it doesn't look like much, a little gross even right? Consider this."

Not many of the students look as interested as me and my friends are right now.

"There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution, all working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion."

I hear a pop behind me that made me jump, I turn and see it was just someone that popped their bubblegum.

As I turn back I hear the door open, a beautiful redhead girl walking inside.

Wow.

"Ah this must be our new student!"

"Indeed it is!" The principle answers, "all yours."

I catch myself staring as the new student was walking to go find an empty seat, but Mr. Clarke stops her.

"All right, hold up. You don't get away that easy. Come on up don't be shy."

I see her roll her eyes as I stifle a laugh.

"Dustin, drum roll."

My friend Dustin closes his book and starts tapping it with his hands.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine!"

"It's Max"

"Sorry?"

"Nobody calls me Maxine, it's Max."

My eyes widen in realization.

No, it couldn't be?

Mad Max.

I turn to my friends to make sure I'm not the only one who thought this and they all had the same expression, wide eyed.

A few days ago, we were all at the arcade and someone named 'Mad Max' beat Dustins top score on Dig-dug with 751,300 points. It was pretty impressive.

I see out of the corner of my eye Lucas whisper to dustin "mad Max" indicating we all had the same thought.

"Well, all aboard Max!"

Max instantly walks to the back of the class and sits in an empty desk.

My eyes follow her to where she was sitting, I look and see my friends were doing the same thing.

She looks up and we lock eyes for a split second until I instantly look away.

That was awkward I thought.

Where Max was sitting, the sun was shining on her perfectly, making her glow. She had bright eyes, bright red hair, and glowing skin.

She's golden.

Hoped y'all liked this chapter!