Chapter 12

I wake up the next morning with many emotions flowing through me. Firstly about Max, how I have no idea if she believes me now or not. Also the way she grabbed my hand when she was about to walk out. It's so stupid and humiliating that I still have a tingling sensation in my hand from that. But I'm also very worried about Will. I haven't spoken to him in a while and have no clue if he's ok or not. He's been having a lot more episodes than normal. Hopefully, just hopefully the whole mess from last year doesn't happen again. But how could something like those events ever just go away?

Suddenly I hear a voice from my Walkie-talkie pulling me out of my very confusing thoughts.

"Dustin!" Lucas called out. "This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?"

Suddenly I hear Dustins voice ring through. "Well, well, well, look who it is."

"Sorry man." Lucas apologizes. "My stupid sister turned it off."

"What's going on?" I ask as I pick up my Walkie-talkie.

"Jesus Emmy! There you are! I've been trying to contact you two dipshits for forever now!" Dustin complains. "Anyway, while you, Lucas, were having sister problems and you, Emmy, were enjoying your beauty rest, Dart grew again. He escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon."

"Wait. What?" Lucas exclaims.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"I'll explain later. Just meet me and Steve at the old junkyard."

"Steve?" Lucas questions.

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket."

"Steve Harrington?" I ask to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me. Ive always known Steve as a douchebag that Mikes older sister was dating. Why is he with Dustin?

"All right, let's go." I hear someone in the distance announce. Most likely to be Steve.

"You two just be there stat. Over and out." And suddenly I hear static.

Oh shit. It's all happening again. Just like last year. I knew something was up with Dart!

Then something struck in my brain. This is it! This is the proof! This is the proof Max needs! I have to go get her.

As I run downstairs my dad is there, smiling warmly at me as he's watching tv from the couch.

"Hey Em. Where you off to in such a rush?"

"Oh no where, just a friends house." I nervously chuckle. "Anyway, I'll see you."

"See you sweetie, I love you."

"Love you too dad."

And just like that, I'm voyaging to Max's house.

(Small time skip)

I shuffle on my feet as I hesitantly press the digit of my finger on the doorbell. I don't get an immediate response so I started pushing the doorbell over and over again. I had to make sure she heard me. This is urgent.

As soon as I retract my hand from the doorbell. The door is swung open by Max as her face turns into a state of worry. I notice Billy inside faced the other way working out. Max quickly looked back at him and walked out to shut the door behind her, anxious of him spotting me.

I start to get confused on why she keeps me hidden from him so much, or is it the other way around?

"What are you doing here?" She questions