Chapter 19

"It's just a dream. You're dreaming." We hear Dustin reassure himself. We all set up this plan to surprise Dustin, because we haven't seen him in a while since he went to camp. Our plan was eleven uses her powers to control the robots in Dustin's room, he'll then come out of the room to follow the robots, and then we'll sneak up behind him surprise him with a big sign. So far our plan is working.

"Now!" Mike whispers to eleven as Dustin makes his way into his living room. Eleven suddenly stops the robots from moving, leaving Dustin confused.

As Dustin bends down to see what happened with the robots, we tiptoe our behind him, careful not to make any sound.

Dustin stands back up to examine the robot. Max holds out her hand for a countdown.

When she's down to only one finger, we blow on our party horns as Lucas holds up the sign. Dustin let's out an ear-splitting scream and sprays hair spray right in Lucas's eyes, making him scream as well.

(Time skip)

"Ow, ow, ow. Ow!" Lucas wines as Max and I put his head under the tap so water can run down his eyes.

"Better?" Max asks as Lucas comes back up.

"Still stings." He whines, but then focuses on Max's forehead.

"Is that a new zit?" Lucas points out.

Max and I turn to each other in shock.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask as I put his head back under the tap.

"I was just aski-" his words cut short by the shriek he let out as the water his his eyes once again.

After a little while of Lucas running the tap water over his eyes, we see Mike, Dustin, Will, and El carrying a bunch of gear about to walk out the front door.

"What's going on? Max asks.

"We're going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend." Will answers.

All three of our heads snapped towards them.

"Girlfriend?" We unanimously say in disbelief.

(Time skip)

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas complains. We are currently walking up this steep hill so Dustin can reach a good connection to talk to his girlfriend.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters." Dustin answers.

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones." Max adds.

"Yeah but Suzie's Mormon."

"Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas exclaims.

"No, that's the Amish." I correct.

"What are Mormons?" Will asks.

"Super religious white people." Dustin responds. "They have electricity and cars and stuff, but... since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit Shakespearean."

"Shakespearean?" Max repeats.

"Yeah. Like Romeo and Juliet."

"Right."

"Star-crossed lovers."

"I got it."

"Hey guys!" Mike calls out making all of us turn around.

"This is fun and all, but..."

"I have to go home." El finishes.

"We're almost there." Dustin points out.

"Sorry, man." Mike points to his watch. "Curfew." He then grabs El's hand at turns around.

"Good luck." El calls out.

Dustin checks his watch. "Curfew at 4:00?"

"They're lying." Lucas states.

"It's been like this all summer." Will complains.

"It's romantic." Max reasons.

"It's gross." Will adds.

"It's annoying." I say.

"It's bullshit." Dustin exclaims. "I just got home. Well, their loss, right? Onwards and upwards! Suzie awaits!" Dustin says as we all groan.

(Time skip)

"Made it." Dustin announces as he drops his bag.

"Yeah, only took 5 hours." Max says with sarcasm.

"Why couldn't we just play D&D?" Will complains.

"I'm so thirsty." I whine.

"Me too." Lucas agrees as he takes the our water and chugs all of it.

"Did you seriously just drink the rest of our water?" Max glares.

As Lucas realizes what he did, he spits the water he had in his mouth back in the flask, and hands it to me with a smile.

I roll my eyes and shake my head as I go to help Dustin and Will.

(Small time skip)

Once we were done setting up his radio. We were ready for him to contact Suzie.

"Pretty impressive, right?"

"Yeah." Max answers.

"Now, you ready to meet my love?"

"Okay, sure." I say.

Dustin sits down and turns on the radio.

"Suzie, this is Dustin. Do you copy? Over."

All we could hear was static.

Dustin looks up at us. "One sec. she's probably... she's still there." He tries again. "Suzie... this is Dustin. Do you copy? Over."

Static.

"Uh.." Dustin starts. "I'm sure she's there. It's just- you know, maybe she's, like, busy or-"

"Yeah." Lucas says, not really buying it.

"It's around dinner time."

"Mmm."

"Yep." I say.

"Suzie, do you copy? This is Dustin. Over."

Static.

Max turns to me. "This is gonna be a long night." She whispers.

Indeed it is.

IM ALIVE.
I'm so sorry for not updating, I honestly don't really have a reason why. But I hoped y'all liked this chapter even though it's short. But I have an announcement,
I might be starting a new book! It's going to be a Boris Pavlikovski x OC. It's not promised, I'm still thinking about it. Anyway, see you next time!