Chapter 18

"You're late." Lucas points out as we see Mike pull up to us. We are currently at the mall ready to see a new movie called 'Day of The Dead.' but Mike decided not to show up on time. Which is what he's been doing a lot recently.

"Sorry!" He apologizes.

"Again." I point out.

"We're gonna miss the opening." Will whines.

"Yeah, if you guys keep whining about it. Let's go!"

"If you guys keep whining about it. Nyeh-nyeh-nyeh." Lucas imitates.

"Just please stop whining dude." Mike rolls his eyes as we make our way into the mall.

"Let me guess." I start. "You were busy-" I start smacking my lips to imitate the sound of making out.

"Oh, yeah, real mature, Emmy."

"Oh, El, I wish we could make out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends." Lucas mocks.

"Lucas, stop." Max hits his shoulder.

"Will thinks it's funny." Lucas points out.

Will chuckles. "Because it is."

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend a romantic time with my girlfriend." Mike says with sarcasm.

We start maneuvering our way through the crowd, pushing people aside.

Mike accidentally shoves into one girl.

"Watch it!" She exclaims while walking off.

"Yeah! Watch it, nerd!" Erica exclaims. She's sitting at the fountain which her friends while eating ice cream.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas questions.

"Isn't it time for you to die?" She shoots back as her friends laugh.

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Lucas sticks his tongue at her to tease her.

"Oh, now that was mature." I say as I grab his arm so we can walk into Scoops Ahoy. Steve works there so he can let us enter the theater secretly.

As we walk up to the counter, Mike starts repeatedly ringing the bell to get Steve out, since only person at the desk was another worker named Robin.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here." Robin called out.

Steve reveals himself as he slides open the windows. "Again? Seriously?"

Mike rings the bell again to show we are serious.

Steve takes us to the back so we can take the secret way to the theater.

"I swear, if anyone hears about this-"

"We're dead!" We all finish for him.

Mike opens the door to the theater and looks around to make sure nobody sees us.

"All clear." He affirms.

We make our way to our seats and sit down.

"See, Lucas? We made it." Mike says.

"We missed the previews." He argues.

"Still made it. Fart face." Max laughs.

Will reaches into his backpack and pulls out the snacks we also sneaked in.

"Emmy? You want some skittles?" Max whispers.

"Duh." I chuckle as she pours some into my hand.

After the snowball incident, Max and I have grown a lot closer. Even though we haven't made it 'official' yet, we're definitely not 'just friends' anymore. Max has told Lucas she doesn't have feelings for him. And surprisingly he's taking the rejection well. But he doesn't know about the thing Max and I have, in fact, no one does. We're keeping this 'thing' private for now.

As we're only a few moments into the movie, it suddenly shuts down. I'm guessing the power stopped.

The whole theater starts yelling protests and groans, us included.

After a few long moments of frustration and confusion, the the monitor starts running again and the movie starts playing normally.

A roar of cheers irrupted from the theater, grateful the movie started playing again.

What was that about? I thought.

FIRST EPISODE OF THIS SEASON!!! I'm so sorry that this chapter is short, it was cut short due to me being sleep deprived lol. But there is going to be more chapters coming your way so be ready! Also VERY important question, so you guys better respond this time, you guys answering this question depends on how a part of this book will go.

Mileven or Byler?

Anyway that is all for now, see you guys soon!