Chapter 10

"Will! Will!" Dustin calls out. It was only a little bit later in the day as we realized that we didn't know where Will had gone. Dustin, Max, and I are currently on our voyage to find her.

As we make a right we see Mrs. Byers walking towards us looking worried.

"Dustin!"

"Mrs. Byers?" He questions confused.

"What's going on? Where's Will?" As soon as Mrs. Byers finishes her query, Lucas bursts through the doors.

"The field!"

As soon as he says that, we race down the hall to find our friend.

As we make our way outside, we see Will standing still, frozen. With Mike by his side trying to figure out what's wrong.

"Will. I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!"

The worried mother places her hands on his shoulders and starts shaking him.

"Will? Will! Will!" She repeats. "Sweetie, wake up! It's Mom! Will!"

What's wrong with him? What the hell is happening, is he going to be ok? Sadly I don't know the answer to my own questions, and i'm guessing the others don't either.

"Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will please just wake up. Please, wake up!"

It feels like we froze time with our dilemma. Like nothing else matters except trying to get Will to wake up.

"It's mom! It's me!"

And just like that, Will suddenly woke up with a quick gasp.

(Small time skip)

Joyce is now escorting Will out of Hawkins Middle School, the rest of us slowly trailing behind.

As Will and Joyce finished walking down the steps, Max decided to speak up.

"Ok that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?"

"Two episodes, in two days." Lucas says.

"It's getting worse." Mike adds.

"I'm worried." I admit.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas questions.

"What's True Sight?" Max asks.

"It's nothing." Lucas excuses as we all look into the distance where the Byers' car is drifting off to.

(Time skip)

Ring...ring...ri- I slam my alarm before it can go any further.

Wow, the next day already?

I slowly make my way out of my bed and mope over to my closet, I pull out some high-waisted blue mom jeans and a Beatles t shirt tucked in. I would have normally worn a sweater but Mike had informed me we would be looking in the dumpster for Dart, so I thought a t shirt would be best.

As I throw my clothes on, I go do my other morning routine necessities and head downstairs.

I had noticed the place was eerily quiet, no breakfast cooking, no hurriedly running out the door. Where were my parents?

As I made my way around the kitchen, I notice my dad walk over towards the counter and put his head down.

"Hey dad, you ok? Where's mom?"

My dad sighed as he brings his head back up. "She went to work early."

"What's up dad?"

He sighed once again. "Oh nothing Em. Just trouble in paradise I guess." He chuckles in an attempt to lighten the mood.