𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 7

I just got home from trick or treating. I was exhausted, but also worried for Will. I'm sure he's fine though, he's always fine when he's with Mike.

As I toss my bag of candy on the counter, someone jumps up from behind it wearing a 'Friday The 13th' mask.

I let out an piercing screech as I stumble back in fright.

As I'm about to make a run for it the masked man let's out a laugh I know all too well,

It was my dad.

He takes off the mask, still slipping out laughter. I am breathing heavily, trying to recover from the mini- heart attack,

Thanks dad.

"Oh my goodness dad, you scared the shit outta me!" I screech.

"Language." He scolds in between giggles.

"So you waited behind that counter for the whole time, only to scare me when I get home." I say trying to hide my laughter.

"Well it's Halloween, how did you expect me not to?" He smiles. "I did the same thing to your mother too, let's just say I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight."

I finally let out my laughter.

My dad smiles. "Well, you should go to bed Emmy, it's still a school night ya'know."

I groan. "Fine, goodnight dad, love you."

"Love you too Em."

I run up to my room and shut the door behind me, today was a long day.

Imagine if I could just get away from this small town. Travel with my dad around the world. I know traveling is his dream, he promised me he was going to take me to the Eiffel Tower.

A knock on my door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Come in!"

"Hey Emmy I just wanted to say goodnight, did you have fun."

"Yes." Way to leave it vague Emmy, How about, "it was amazing because my crush was there and she's a girl." Wait never mind, cant say that.

"Well, alright. Love you." My mom whispered.

"Love you too mom."

I quickly changed out of my costume, ready to just get under my covers already.

I climb into bed with Sage already there.

"Goodnight Sage." I kiss the top of the cats head as I drift off to a dreamless sleep.

(Time skip)

I'm biking to school, somewhat nervous. I always felt nervous at school since I never real knew what to expect with the students, but now there's another reason.

Max is that reason.

It's embarrassing how fast I crushed on her, world record stuff.

As I walk into school I walk into school I see Max right there, surprisingly walking up to me.

"Hey Emmy, can we walk together?"

I freeze until I quickly collect myself. "Yeah sure." I smile.

As we start walking down the hallway she spoke up.

"I still don't get why they call Will zombie boy. I mean, I get it. He got lost in the woods for like a week or something, but why is he a zombie? Because everyone thought he was dead?"

"Yeah. I mean, we had a funeral for him and everything."

"After a week?"

"Well, see, some other kid drowned at the quarry. We thought it was Will because his body was super decomposed."