13

"This is Beth" Minho smiles, trying to at least.

He can see the distant look in Chan's eyes, and the discomfort in his body, yet he does not move away or make it known that he doesn't want to be here.

The girl that has just been introduced smiles politely. Extends her hand to Chan.

"Oppa" her voice sweet and pretty.

But it does nothing for Chan. He just smiles back. Politely takes her hand, shakes it, and pulls away.

Minho wants to stick to the plan, and find someone new.

Causing Chan's heart to break just a bit more and his senses to act a bit wild.

He takes one last look at Minho, the boy smiles at him and gives him a go sign. To go ahead and forget him.

As if it's that easy as if that's not what he had tried before.

"Um..." even the girl senses something strange with the stares.

"Right, let's go" Chan feels like a punch to his guts as Minho nods proudly. Then waves them off as they walk away.

Weirdly, he knows who Chan truly wants to go on a date with, yet here he is, trying to help him forget.

*

The date had been a failure.

And all the dates after that. Minho choose teachers he met at the school, and people he would meet during outings with Felix and Jeongin.

It hurt Chan more. Sure it was a nice gesture, but it still hurt and broke.

He had thought that maybe, just maybe, Minho would be joking when he said he'd help him forget and manage to understand that you can't forget a person you have loved for so long, for so much, in such little effort and with no time.

Chan had truthfully accepted that he might have to love Minho forever and not be with him.

Watch the boy get married and have kids.

His husband is by his side and smiles all around.

While Chan smiles at him and acted like the heartless and cold dick he has always been.

It was a good plan.

Until it wasn't.

Never did he think Minho would find out, and then try to set him up with multiple people just so Chan would stop loving him.

It hurt.

It hurt more than the rejection.

More than baring the thought of having to watch him get married.

"Then stop going!"

What do Jeongin and Felix know?

They don't know that Minho's smile is worth the pain.

But as he sits here, with the mother of one of Minho's students, he wonders if Min is even thinking about Chan's feelings.

"I swear!" The girl laughs, Chan doesn't even know what the joke was "I was a bit wild when I was younger" she giggles.

Chan knows the way she puts her hair behind her ear is a seduction technique. Adding her smile for an invitation.

"So, I've talked all about myself" she chuckles. "But you, Mr. secretive!" She laughs.

Chan scratches the back of his head, he smiles softly, politely "um, sorry I'm not much of a talker"

At least not with people he's just met.