epilogue

"(Y/N)! You're on in five!"

"Shit!" you exclaim, rushing to slip on your costume. Tripping over wires and cosmetic items scattered all over the ground of the backstage area, you slip on your pointe shoes hurriedly.

Cursing yourself internally for wasting too much time on the phone with Meg, you run to the mirror to apply some quick mascara. Following up on that, you apply lip gloss, readjusting your hair.

"It's not right.." you scowl, continuously touching and prodding your hair. Before you know it, over four minutes have passed and the stage director is hollering your name once more.

"(Y/N)! C'mon, the music is a few seconds from starting!"

"Shit.." you curse once more with widened eyes. Making a break for the door of the dressing room, you slam it open harshly, heading for the opening to the main stage.

Your stage director's chocolatey brown eyes meet with yours, a panicked glitter in her iris as you look to her fearfully. Freezing for a moment, the older woman gives you an incredulous look, her messy dyed raven hair sticking up in random places on her scalp. 'She always looks more a mess than me..'

"Well, shit! What are you waiting for?" She ushers.

On the first day working under the Starbound company, she introduced herself as Kim Jisoo, a girl you've grown to adore. A young married woman, you recall the shiny diamond ring glistening on her slightly chubby finger as she shook your hand in first greeting. "Get out there!"

Shaking the thought out of your mind, you give her an anxious, but determined nod. Preparing yourself, you get into position to walk out gracefully on the stage, plastering a pearly smile on your face as you take the first step.

Claps sound in echoes throughout the large theatre. Observing the size of it as you appear onstage reminds you of your first performance in front of hundreds of people — Gwangju University.

Thinking of who the performance was danced alongside to, your heart suddenly becomes heavy on your chest. It's been over five months since the day he had to leave, it now being April 6th, 2022. Exhaling briefly, your eyes dart around the crowd, trying to keep your hopes up about his eventual return as you make it to center stage.

Props glisten around the stage, mystical lilies and dahlias in large, plastic materials in colors such as magentas, fuchsias, and sky blues seemingly sparkle. You smile. The hues blend together beautifully as if representing the month of April, the season of spring painting an archaic piece of artwork — one that's been established and viewed by generations over the centuries, yet its splendor and allure never cease to mystify even the coldest of people.

Accompanying these flowers, sticking out of them are strings of pollination in generally accurate colors of yellow and such. With this, forestry like ivy and ferns decorate the majority of the backdrop, curving and curling up the large, decorative flowers and leading to the middle. In the center of the stage and just a few feet behind you, a golden archway of royal appearance twists in overgrown aristocracy, framing your figure in the middle just in front of it.