Who Can You Trust?

Chris: Last time on Total Drama Island. Things really got cooking between the campers. Owen accidentally got Head Chef James Unconscious in yet another Challenge. Sous Chef Heather pushed Leshawna too far and ended up as one chilly mama! Geoff led the Killer Bass to victory, and the Screaming Gophers get to the bottom of their losing streak. It was bye-bye Beth. Have the Gophers broken the curse? Will James get Unconscious a third time? And just how much trust do they have in one another? "Find out this week, on Total. Drama. Island."

As usual, we got up, ate this not-so-good breakfast, and got ready for today's challenge.

Chris: Hi, Chris here. Sometimes teams "just" don't get along. So the producers and I thought the best way to work through the friction would be... To exploit it for laughs! This is gonna be awesome!

We're all on the Dock of Shame where Chris is in front of us.

Chris: So, last week's challenge exposed a few Gopher issues.

I look over to see that Heather glaring at Gwen and Leshawna, who glare back at her.

Chris: And I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the Bass pond too. 

I look over to see Duncan and Courtney silently bickering.

Chris: So, this week's challenge is gonna be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust!

*Start of Confessional*

Gwen: "I trusted Trent once. He left me buried alive on the beach. Good thing James kept me company and dug me out."

*End of Confessional*

Chris: There will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members; of your team. Normally, we like to have our campers choose their partners, but not this time! More fun for me!

Later...

We're on a different and new part of the island. In front of us was a mountain.

Chris: Okay, so for the first challenge, you'll be ding an extreme, freehand, rock climbing adventure! DJ and Duncan will play for the Bass, Heather, and Gwen for the Gophers. Here's your belay and harness.

Chris throws out the equipment, and Heather snatches the belay away from Gwen.

Gwen: Hey! What's your damage?!

Heather: If you think I'm letting you hold me up, you're nuts.

Chris: You won't be holding her up exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as their partner climbs. If the climber falls, the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of the mountain; are rigged with a few minor distractions like...rusty nails, slippery oil slicks, mild explosives, and a few other surprises. The person on belay must also harness their partner up. It's all about trust people, and remember, never let go of the rope! Your partner's life depends on it!

Gwen: Excuse me, can we trade partners? I really don't feel like being dropped on my head today.

Heather: "Please." "As much as I love your company, I'm not gonna throw a challenge just to kill you...yet." "Now, spread 'em."

Soon everyone is ready for the challenge. DJ and Gwen start climbing the rocky pillar. DJ seems to have the lead, but Gwen soon passes him. Suddenly, one of the explosives activates, causing Gwen to fall. Heather catches Gwen in midair, surprising her.

Chris: I promised surprises! Habanero pepper sauce, anyone?

Chris takes out a super soaker filled with the spicy sauce and sprays Heather with it.