Chapter 2 : Elle's P.O.V - Updated

Elle's P.O.V

"Martin wake up its 7:00 and you're gonna be late" I say to my son.

"Can't you like wait until like 7:15 to wake me up mom please" he reasons but I'm not having none of that.

"No wake up now, don't let me come back here and see you're still sleeping" I say as I walk back to me and my husband's bedroom.

"Ya' know maybe a baby crying will wake him up" he says as I walk in the room.

"Drop it I don't want anymore kids"

"OK ok don't shoot Mr.Robinson ok" he says with his hands up.

I have my reasons why I don't want any more kids and the reason is I'm scared. Every female in my family had only had one child. My mom died giving birth to my brother who also passes shortly from complications like heart failure or lung development.

"Mom I'm ready" I hear Martin yell downstairs. After dropping him off at school I drive myself to work. Hair burning, nail polish, and females gossiping fills my ears as I walk the shop.

"Ok whose first" I asked after putting my apron and looking at the group of ladies sitting on the couches.

"Me and I came for um wash and curls , my daughters marriage rehearsals are today and momma gotta look good." Said a mid age lady sitting down on the washing chair I was standing next to.

As I was almost finished Irene or Rene as I call her walked in to start her shift.

"Good morning Michelle Doll" she said to me.

"Hey Rene " I say as I finished my client's last curl.

"Anything new with you and Kyle ?" She asked.

"Nothing new just same old hey Elle I want more kids or look how cute those babies are over there I'm getting tired of it he better happy with one kid I'm an only child and look how I turned out .... Fine " I say leaving out this morning. I mean after my mom died I did turn out fine. Straight A's and all. I think having another child or two like her will be terrible. I mean parents are known for comparing children. Right?

"Common I mean giving him one child could save your marriage" She says

"NO and that's final he better be happy I didn't abort the damn child we have now if I did there would be no us I wouldn't be going through this so you Kyle and Leo could just back off" I said (not meaning it obviously) before storming out of the shop.

I had no destination to go but home so that's where I went and slept.

******************

Kyle P.O.V

It was three o'clock when I got a call from Marty my son saying his mom forgot to pick him up and she hasn't answering her phone. Saying bye to my new boss Leo my aka my highschool friend and going to pick up my son from practice.

"How was practice?" I asked Marty

"Good got a new kid on the team today" he said.

"Good" I'll be lying saying I didn't missed when he was playing little leauge
Elle has her reasons to be mean and touchy about the baby thing.

Rosario Dawson as Michelle