𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: confusion

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄:
confusion

Gon waited outside of the school.

He had created a playlist that him and Killua can listen to together. The bell is going to ring any moment now and Killua still isn't here. Usually, they walk in together, Gon took out his phone and dialed in Killua's number.

"Who is this?"

"Oh, it's me Gon. I'm Killua's friend." He replied.

"Stay away from my little brother, he doesn't need distractions like you."

"What?! I—"

The stranger had hung up, Gon knows it's wasn't Killua. The person had a deeper eerie voice, it was calm yet serious and intimidating. Gon couldn't quite put his finger on it. But it seems the person already doesn't like Gon.

He spotted Killua walking into school, furiously scratching at his wrist. Gon sprinted up to him, although Killua wasn't happy to see him. Well, not that he was mad. But he was just strange today.

"Wait up! Killua!" He shouted.

"Please just leave me alone. We should just stop talking."

"No!" Gon responded and grabbed his wrist.

When Killua winced he retreated his hand back, "Sorry... It's just you're my first friend Killua."

The white-haired boy then gazed at Gon, feeling tears stinging his eyes as his throat felt numb and choked up. Oh, how he fought the feeling of hugging Gon at that very moment, but instead he remained silent as ever.

"We were— We were never friends in the first place." Killua lied.

He walked away, leaving Gon alone. Deep down Killua knew he would regret that for the rest of his life. He desperately wanted to say the words back to Gon, that he is his friend and he wants to stay with him. But he just couldn't bring himself to.

He then paused, "We should just end things here Gon..."

Secretly he had hoped Gon would stop him, stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. But that never happened. After all, Gon never had friends, he never had been into an argument, he never knew what to say. So he just said the word anyone would've said in this situation.

"Okay..." Gon muttered.

***

Lunch was already a hell hole, now it was even more worst. It wasn't bad, just depressing. Today Leorio was sitting by himself. Gon went up to him and sat down beside him. He looked around the cafeteria.

"Where's Kurapika?" He asked.

"Tch, that little bitch is ignoring me." Leorio scoffed.

"Why?"

"Just because of that bet me and Killua made. It's not my fault Kurapika's little boyfriend doesn't hang around him." He sighed, "Kurapika needs to learn how to take a joke."

"Why don't you just apologize to him? Kurapika seems very upset even if it is a joke." Gon shrugged.

"No way! Apologizing is a sign of weakness!" He explained, "I'm not going to be the one to throw in the towel!"