Chapter 23: Fit test

Lina's POV

One year later.

"Come on!" I shout, panting. I look behind me and see Spencer stumbling with every step he takes. I chuckle and take out my earbuds, jogging back to him. "Tired already?"

"Excuse me while I have a heart attack real quick," Spencer replies, gasping for breath.

I lean my weight against Spencer and look around at the running track—there aren't many people here today.

Shaking my head, I giggle. "Alright, alright. We'll take a quick break, but then it's time for push ups."

Spencer's eyes widen in disbelief. "What??? Do you want me to have an actual heart attack?"

"Oh, you won't." I roll my eyes playfully. "Do you want to pass the fit test or not?"

He sighs and smirks at me. "Did you know the FBI academy had to make special exceptions for me?"

"Why?"

"Because I had trouble passing pretty much everything that wasn't book-related."

I laugh. "C'mon, 50 push-ups now!" I drop to the ground.

With my former karate training and frequent weight-lifting sessions at the gym, I'm confident that I will pass the fit test, but as for Spencer...

"I thought we were taking a break!" he whines.

"Do you think you'll get a break when you're chasing down an UnSub? Now get down on the ground!"

"Ugh, fine." He drops to the ground and starts doing push-ups. "But why 50? The minimum number of pushups for men ages 20 to 29 are 29. And for women it's 15."

"When I was in karate, you'd have to do 50 just for being late to class," I say in between push-ups. "44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50. Done!" I jump up, feeling pumped.

"How—" Spencer squints his eyes at me. "I'm still on my 15th."

I grin. "You better get going then." I head to the bleachers to drink some water. From there, I can hear Spencer's loud, oddly dirty-sounding grunts with each push-up. Rolling my eyes, I run back to him.

"What's up?" He looks up at me from the ground.

"Can you not be so loud?"

He drops down onto his hands and knees. "What do you mean?"

"You sound like you're banging someone." I smirk.

"No I don't." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Yes, you do!" I giggle. "Do some push-ups and listen to yourself."

"Alright." He shrugs and starts doing push-ups again, grunting loudly with each one he does.

"See!" I gently kick him with my foot.

In return, he smirks and lets out a super loud, explicit moan. "Yes, pleaseee... mmm.... Oh, God, yes...."

I gasp and slap my hand over his mouth. "Spencer! People are gonna hear you!"

He giggles. "I'm just messing with you."

I roll my eyes. "Well, keep it down, will ya?"

Spencer leans close to my ear and whispers, "I'll have you be the one making those sounds."

My eyes widen and I blush. "Yeah, right. N-now go back to doing your push-ups."

He grins at me and winks before going back to his previous activities, so I head back to the bleachers.