Chapter 36

Timothy kept staring at the piece of paper in his hand. There, a little map and directions was written. He looks around him and his entire body shook. That is because he is inside a forest, trying his best to calm his fast beating heart down.

He need to be brave and strong. Something bad is happening that will involve not just him and his friends but also everyone and everything. At first this theory is just a byproduct of overthinking and worrying but after seeing the expression on Leliana then. He knew something bad is happening.

"Follow me."

"AH!" Timothy fell to the ground, shocked.

He turns to look in front of him. It was Poppy, Yohanan's maid. Well, technically, she is not really just a maid.

"Forgive me." She said simply.

Timothy quickly stood up after regaining some composure. "No, it's okay. My bad." he said.

"You're the only one that hasn't arrive to the meeting point. Allow me to accompany you." Poppy said.

"Right. I'm sorry." He said then began following Poppy deeper inside the forest.

Timothy just stare right ahead the whole time. Which mean, all he did is just stare at Poppy. He notices that she didn't wear her maid outfit anymore. She is wearing something very practical in her line of work. Spies. Possibly, assassins too. She looks very plain and unnoticeable.

"We've arrived." Poppy said which brings Timothy back to reality. He was clueless at first but then he was awed by the place they arrived at. It was a clear space in the forest that seems like a secret base. There is a big treehouse and training ground.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Their secret base." Leliana answered. She was standing in front of the base of the tree where the treehouse is on. "They've carved their name on this tree."

"What's with the training ground?" He asked.

"They train here everyday." Poppy answered. "With Mr. Berry." She added.

Suddenly everything clicks. He always thinks Yohanan, Prince Rohan and Chester quite a peculiar group. Always sticking together and not mixing much with others, and also overwhelmingly strong for their age. Mr. Berry also seems to be quite warm towards them although they didn't interact much. Everything is explained now. They literally trained everyday together. That's why they are weird.

"Why are you showing all this to us?" Monika asked.

"This is simply the safest place to be. Despite how often they frequent this place. The impostor did not discover this place yet." Poppy said. "I, too, just discovered this place right after meeting the three of you."

"How? This place is not that hidden." Marigold asked, looking around. "This is the royal's ground. Not a secret forest, as far as Mari knows." Marigold said.

"Tresspassing the royal's ground is not exactly easy." Monika said.

"You're right. Royal guards often patrol this forest. Plus, there are many traps being set up here. One simple missteps could take your life." Leliana said.

"W-what?!"I flinched. I could have died just now. Poppy actually saved me.

" That's why I provided a very detailed map to all of you. The secret safe passage that milady's and the others used. Only the royal family knew about this." Poppy said.

" Someone could just follow them, you know." Monika said.

"I acknowledge that. It might be thanks to their luck no one thought of following them into the forest. This means the enemy is still not organised and desperate enough. Which is good." Poppy said.