Chapter 20

"What do YOU think is happening, Tim?" Monika said. Oh, she called him by his nickname? Well, I am not really surprised. She, Marigold, and Timothy sat in the same row which means they are a group like us too. They act like a cliche golden trio. It is not annoying though, this is the good kind of cliche. The one that makes your heart warm to see.

           He quickly stood up and fixes his glasses. A faint blush is still lingering on his cheek. He muttered something like 'finally...' and 'nevermind!'. He did come towards our table as soon as he fixes his chair to its original place. He cleared his throat, "What do you mean by adding me to the group?" He asked, acting all serious again.

           Monika was about to explain but Rohan interrupted her. "Another one? Who is it this time?" Rohan said with strong annoyance in his voice after noticing the number of people crowding at our table is increasing. He takes a hard look at Timothy, it is as if he knew him but then, "Who are you?" He...can be so rude sometimes...

            Timothy Skylar was taken aback after hearing that. "H-how dare you?! N-no. But...How dare you..." His face turning even more red as second passe. He looks like he was about to pour his rage on Rohan but decided to hold it in since Rohan is the crown prince. Aside from all that. he does look truly hurt by Rohan's ignorance of his existence though. "Back when the royals used to host a tea party, you ignored me. Now that I'm the class monitor, you still didn't bother to notice me...." His spirits dampened as he muttered more about times where he tried hard to get Rohan to notice him but Rohan is still actively ignoring his existence

               "Ah, the prime minister's son," Rohan said. He seems to finally connect the dots. Wait, does that mean Rohan purposefully ignored him since they were little? Oh God, I wonder what kind of emperor he will be. Ugh, wait, no, I knew. He will be a very foolish one if he ended up with the heroine. 

                 "What? So you DID ignore me!" Timothy said losing his composure a little for a second there. But then he fixes his glasses and went back into his composed and conventional self. "I shouldn't act like that but we'll be working together when we grew up, Prince Rohan. We need to form a strong bond, so we can do our work more effectively!" He said.

                   Rohan closes his book and sigh. He finally gave Timothy his full attention," The prime minister's spot is not succeeded by bloodline. Just because your father is one doesn't mean you'll be one." 

                    "I know that. But I will prove that I can! I'll be the first prime minister who will continue his father's legacy." Timothy said passionately. Oh, he seems to be the leader type too.

                     Rohan just silently stares at him before muttering, "Keep on dreaming." He then continued to read his book. Timothy was silent after hearing that, he might be confused. I, too am not sure whether his words were laced with sarcasm or encouragement.

                    "MMM... AHHH. Stop talking about politics! It's boring. Mari wants to have fun!" Marigold finally started talking after spending quite some time listening to the conversations.

                     "You're the daughter of the Minister of Finances, yourself! You should know about this stuff." Timothy said, worked up.

                     "MARI IS NOT LISTENING. DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?!" It seems like Marigold really does not like that topic.

                      But this does feel like blending in, I can see the pieces of memories from my previous life fleeting in my mind. I can see my past self sitting in a class. I was stealthily stealing a glance at the group of a clique in the class who was having fun talking with each other. They were laughing and there is no sign of them stopping. I have always wanted to have fun like them too. 

                     "Hmm?" Marigold shoved her face close to mine which pulled me into reality again. It seems like she noticed that my mind started wandering elsewhere. "Is there something wrong?" She asked. Monika and Timothy turn to look at me after they heard what Marigold just said.

                      "No! It's just...I never really experience something like this. Being in a big group." I explained. 

                      The three of them went silent for a while but then Marigold broke the silence, " You'll be having a lot more fun after this! Mari promised!" She said with determination in her eyes. Oh God, she is cute. "Our plan will work and soon the whole class will be your friends!" She said. Monika nodded in agreement while Timothy registering the true purpose of him being dragged into this.

                      "What exactly is this plan?" He asked.

                      "We become friends with Yohanan and the boys so the others will get the message that they are not scary at all," Monika explained.

                      "Hmmm? Why don't we just hang out with all of our classmates after school?" He said. 

                       "What will we do though?" Monika asked.

                       "Her birthday is next week," Chester said, suddenly popping out of nowhere again. "How about we celebrate it with the whole class." He suggested. "It'll be fun!" 

                       And just like that. The six of us have a new mission. Plan a super fun party and invite the whole class to it. Oh God, things will be hectic for me!

                                                 ____________________________________

Author note:

Sorry for putting these author note here and for this short chapter. But I am thinking of changing this book title in the future. What do you think about it? I'm still not set on that idea yet but I think it's necessary. 

Oh yeah, one more thing, I actually would like for you, my dear readers to actually point out any mistakes (grammar, typo, and etc.) so I can fix it.

By the way, do you like the new trio? (Timothy, Monika, Marigold)

Stay at home and stay safe everyone! Have a good day (or night)!