Chapter 39

It was 8PM, I was practicing my magic. I thought, since I cannot hide anymore in this world, I might as well be the strongest person. Strong enough to defeat the one who is stirring a problem in this world. Importantly, I need to be strong for Chika. She is in this world, somewhere. It seems like I need to deal with whatever is happening here first before I can reach her. So, I really need to do my best.

From what I remember about the game, the game does not have a darklord kind of antagonist. The only antagonist in the game is basically Yohanan.

I stopped doing whatever I am doing and began moving the gears in my brain. I am reincarnated in this world. Chika also is reincarnated in this world. We are reincarnated at the same time. Poppy confirmed Kaito's date of birth is the same as Yohanan.

My mind wanders when I thought about my death. Or... More precisely, our death. I died with Chika, maybe at the same time too. We were in a fatal accident. The bus we board got into an accident. I don't remember the specifics. All I remember is seeing the bus swerved into a ravine. I also remember wrapping my hands around scared Chika to protect her. And then things went black.

I sigh. At least, it was a quick death. Then, I sighed again, returning to my original thought.

After a year, someone is also reincarnated as Gabriel Owens. I bit my lip in frustration, but as far as I know and as much as Poppy told me, the three of us did not do anything drastic that can bring THIS much change to this world.

Yeah, we all went through a year or years of confusion after suddenly gaining memories of our past life. For me, it took me only a year to rationalise everything. Yohanan took years but still, she did not do THAT drastic of an action through out that. She was only isolated. But her original identity as the villainess Yohanan actually still persist. Thus, proving she did not do much to effect anything. Gabriel Owens on the other hand, seems like he only took a year but I think he gained his memory very late. Poppy told me, she heard from his servants, Gabriel started acting weird at the age of 11.

So that means, no we are not the catalysts of the current event.

Someone else is also reincarnated. Perhaps, way before us. And they caused the changes. This person somehow discovered she is not the only one. And the person who she discovered that is in the same situation as her might be Gabriel Owens.

Gabriel Owens out of character behaviour is way to public despite his parents shielding him from the public since his birth. After all, his parents is famous. But they got lots of servants. That means, things can easily got out to the public. The price for a gossip or two of famous people is very high after all. That might also be how this certain person realise him to be a reincarnated person like them.

What is their motive though?

Most likely, power? That is too cliche for a reincarnated person, though? I mean... Stealing people's power to be stronger and basically maybe trying to conquer the world sounds like a very boring and overused motive for an antagonist in every high fantasy book or anything really.

This person must have a reason, right? Something obviously need to happen to this person to even take the initiative to be like this. But that also sounds cliche.

Hmm.

This person is a reincarnated person. They were born way before us. They also seems to know a lot about the game. This person also take control of another reincarnated person for their personal benefits. But their 'slaves' seems to agree with them. But they could just lie and manipulate Gabriel.

Huh. They could just be--

My thoughts are broken when the door of my house slammed open. Monika was panting hard. She was dressed in her horseriding clothes, though it shows that she was in a hurry while changing her clothes. "Quick. Poppy just came and told me. The school. Leliana. The bad person." She said in between her panting.