Chapter 16

"Gabriel Owens got stabbed by a crazy fan of his parents." That is what Poppy told me about why I never saw Gabriel Owens at school. I choose not to worry about this piece of information because it has nothing to do with me at all. I do not want to get in more trouble as I still need to watch out for who Mr. Berry really is. I am a bit suspicious though. Getting stabbed by a crazy person is traumatic and this big event in Gabriel's life technically should be the central story for his character. But I do not think any of this is being discussed in the game. Ugh, is this bad writing or hidden character quirk? --

                  I snapped back to reality when I heard someone calling my name. It was from Chester. " Hey, Hey, Yohanan? Do you hear me? Yooo...Haaaa...Naaan?!" He kept trying to call me even though I already turn to look at him. Is he always this annoying? He was about to call my name loudly again but I quickly cut him out with a sharp annoyed 'yes'. Chester just laughs at my response. "You're always zoning out, Yohanan. I figured it'll be fun to do that." He said.

                 "Stop being annoying." I said again while rolling my eyes before making my signature 'ugh' sound.  

                  Chester just chuckles. "No, actually. I want to ask you if you're free tomorrow?" He asked.

                  "Tomorrow? I don't really have anything to do on Saturdays. So..I think I'll be free." I said. "Why?" 

                   "Let's go to the city center!"He said enthusiastically. "Your bow just broke yesterday. Now you need a new, more better bow so you can improve more and be a badass. And the three of us can have an official hangout day!" 

                    Rohan who was busy reading a book finally turns to look at us. His eyebrows are furrowed. "Will her parents even allow her to hang out with us?" He said. It is not really a question. More like, 'That is impossible'.

                    Chester gave him a toothy mischievous grin, " Hehe... I already have experience asking Yohanan to a little date." He referred to the moment where he asked me to meet him at a cafe. But calling that a date, though? Ugh, more like a therapy session. Well, not that. But sort of.

                   Rohan's eyebrows furrowed even more. "Why don't I know this? Yohanan, Is he saying the truth?" He asked. Sheesh, grumpy.

                   "It's not a date... Not even close." I said.

                   "I'm just asking for help at that time. You know...with what happened last year." He said. His smile is still plastered on his face. Rohan just rolled his eyes too and continue reading his book. "But going out on your own must be hard. Hmm...Ah yes! I got it." He said. "How about we go to your house? You know... just like a real date! Like how gentlemen do. Your parents will surely let you go with us without any fuss." 

                    "You do know we'll need to talk with her parents if we do it that way, right?" Rohan butted in again. The furrows came back. 

                     "I'm sure Yohanan's parents will be awesome," Chester said.

                      Oh no. If only I can tell them my father actually are very overprotective with me when it came to boys. He went absolutely crazy after I spent the whole time at Rohan's birthday party, talking with them only. He hides that well in public and in front of them, though. My mother will be fine, I think. 

                    "What do YOU think, Yohanan?" Rohan asked my opinion after he argued a bit with Chester.

                      " I don't know, let's just see what happens tomorrow," I said.