Chapter 19

I've been studying for like every night this month. Leliana also tutors me two times a week. I cannot ask much since she is busy herself. She is the student council president. Now that the month is ending, life is better now since I have less problem doing my homework and understanding what the teacher is teaching. 

            I did not just study the whole month though. Life is not that easy. Me and the boys train three times a week with Mr. Berry every evening too. I am absolutely exhausted! Anything to be a better version of Yohanan, I guess. I do not want to fail any subject and being looked down upon by both Rohan and Chester. I need to prepare before the heroine transfer to this school too. I cannot be inferior to her! 

           "It's time to rest, I guess..." Leliana said after she realise I have been staring at nothingness. 

            "Uh, oh, no... I-" 

            "Hey! you've been working hard. You deserve a rest once in a while." She said. I just stayed silent and let out a small sigh to breathe out my fatigue away.  Suddenly, Leliana stood up, "The boys didn't come with you today?" She asked me.

             "Chester said they have something to do. And since they're busy tomorrow too...I guess I have free time. Training is canceled." I said.

               "How about we go out having fun tomorrow? It's Saturday." She said.

                " You're not busy?"

                Leliana insists that I do not think more about her tight schedule and change the topic into what we should wear for tomorrow. Then, our topic changes multiple times from there. We ended up not even studying.

                When my ride has arrive, I pack things up and bid Leliana a farewell and then go back home like normal.

                After my carriage stop moving and a servant opens the door, I step out as gracefully as I can since everyone is looking. Disadvantages of being the daughter of a duke and having a default bad reputation, I guess.

              "Took you long enough," Leliana said as she walks toward me. Just like the last time we met at the city center, she wore a simple but elegant dress that compliments her sharpness and her red hair a lot. I know I am beautiful too but her fashion sense is better than me and my maids combined. Should I hire a stylist?

                We then enter many kinds of shops. First, a random trinkets shop. Second, stationery shop to buy fancy school supplies. Third, an accessory shop. I discovered that Leliana is obsessed with collecting cool looking rings. After that, we go into a fancy looking clothing store where a bunch of ready-made dresses is sold. It is quite weird to see a bunch of identical-looking dresses but everything is in different sizes. I am more used to clothing that is tailored just for me. Even my school uniform is tailored just for me. We did not buy anything though, we only discussed what colour suits us the most. Leliana said that the school uniform colour actually suits me the most. She would like to see me in pink, though.

                    After all that taxing activities, we find ourselves sitting inside a cute looking cafe, gathering any energy left inside of us. After a few minute of silence, Leliana finally broke the silence, "This must be your very first time going out with a girl friend." She said.

                    "Yeah, but you don't need to expose me like that," I said. "No girls want to be my friend. What can I do?" I said, sighing.

                      "You do have quite a notorious reputation. I was actually shocked when I talked to you for the first time back at the school toilet. I didn't expect you to be normal." She said with a laugh at the end.