Chapter 31

A few days have passed since we 'come clean' to each other. We do not really touch on that subject as often as I expected but I am okay with that. Because, somehow, I finally feel at peace with everything. I do not know why but it felt good.

            However, I must still worry about the recent information I got from all that. Something shady is happening in this world. Corruption, and destruction. Ugh! This is nothing like what the game is! I thought this world will just like the song, 'La vie en rose'. Very, otome and shoujo. But this world is becoming more and more like a high fantasy story. That is not bad at all but still... I can never have a peaceful life if that is the case. Oh God, why did you doomed me to lead a life with eminent danger of death?

            I let go of my arrow, and it hit true to the target. Then, I put my bow and quiver where my bag was. After that, I silently walked back towards where we were training. I sat on a tree stump and stare at the boys and Mr. Berry training in hand to hand combat. It was a new training that Mr. Berry thought would be useful. Just, what is he training us for, really? I do not think he is training us just for the money we pay him. It always seems to be for our own benefits, as if... he is preparing us for an actual battle. 

           Could it be that he wanted to prepare us in case if his theory about the emperor's corruption is wrong and the mysterious army might attack Sol Kingdom next? That might be it. 

            After thinking of all that, I audibly sigh. My sigh might be too loud because all of a sudden, the boys and Mr. Berry turned to look at me. I narrowed my eyes at them, "What?" I asked sharply. Their stare felt too weird. 

           "We thought it might be good for you to join us." Chester said. 

           I turned my gaze towards Mr. Berry. "The fitness test is next week, might as well mixed in some teamwork training." He said.

             "I thought I said leave me out from the heavy training." I said.

             "Aw, come one, Yohanan! It will be fun." Chester try to persuade me. 

             "You don't need to punch hard. You just need to dodge everything. You're good at that." Mr. Berry said. 

               I stop and think for a while, " Well, okay. As long as I'm not blocking something and punching something. I may be fast but I'm not strong." I stood up and walk towards them. When I reached them, my nose crinkled. "Oh God, you two smells like sweat." I said.

               "A training is not a training without sweats!" Chester said before giving a big toothy smile.

               "Boys smells bad..." I muttered.

                Rohan then tried smelling himself.  Then, he make a disgusted face but then his face expression turn into one of confliction.  He might be conflicted by himself being disgusted by himself. He is so used to be only disgusted of other people. "Let's finish this fast." He said with a frown.

               "Be a man, Rohan and accept the sweats and smells."  Mr. Berry said.

               Rohan glare at Mr. Berry. "I can be a man without all that." He said.

                "Hmm, really?" Mr. Berry said. "What does Yohanan think? Do you think he's a man, Yohanan?" He asked me.

               Then, all of them turns towards me back. WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?! "What?! I don't know. Why are you asking me?!" I panicked.

                "It's a yes or no question, Yohanan." Mr. Berry teased.

                 "You need to answer it. This is about a man's pride." Chester said before laughing along with Mr. Berry.