- SIX -

CHAPTER SIX
__________________________

CHAPTER SIX__________________________

__________________________

Last night Katarina had returned to her room in a panicked state, after waking out of the office she had almost turned down the wrong hall, luckily for her midnight had led her the right way. When she stepped inside her room her mind was filled with questions and all of them were about the man, Aleksander, just thinking about his name made chills run down her spine. She couldn't figure him out no matter how hard she tried, so the girl had stayed up talking to her cat about the night's events until she finally could ease her mind enough to get some rest.

She also knew by the look on Genyas' face, who had rushed inside her room in the morning, that she was not pleased by the state of the girl. "Saints, you look horrible, have you not slept? I only have an hour to get you ready, General Kirigan told me you are to meet the king today." She spoke quickly while she helped the half-sleeping girl out for a bath, as the girl was washing, the redhead went on to tell her that Baghra had told the general about her training the day before, and he had been pleased and deemed her ready to stand in front of the royal family.

"Normally the General announces his plans for the new Grisha when they are introduced, but I've been told he's already talked to the king about that when you arrived. So you're to show him what you can do and after you just follow the normal schedule." Genya rambled on as she ushered the girl out of the water so she could get dressed.

The girl was a bit confused as to how she was supposed to humor the royals with her power, she could potentially just make someone spin around in circles against their will. The Tailor was once again fixing up her hair as the girl just sat in silence waiting, she wasn't scared or nervous, she couldn't care less, she had already been told her stay at the palace had been granted by the king.

When Genya had finished she had led the girl out the Little Palace where she was met by the General, as he gave the red-haired woman a confirming nod, she had released the girl pushing her his way. He offered the girl his hand and naturally, she accepted as he led them towards the Grand Palace.

"I think it's the ugliest building I've ever seen, have you slept well, Katarina?" This time he didn't look at her while he spoke, he kept his eyes locked on the palace, but it was as if he knew how goosebumps would enveloped her body when he spoke her name. A sly smirk painted on his lips as the girl lied telling him she had slept wonderfully.

When they had made their way outside of the grand door of the palace ready to enter the girl stopped just as the man was about to open the door. "I don't know what you want me to do in there Aleksander." She spoke out his name in such a delicate voice, the man felt like an angel had just whispered in his ear. "Just show them how exceptional you are, nothing more nothing less." And with that, they walked through the grand doors, their chins raised oozing with power.