- ELEVEN -

CHAPTER ELEVEN
__________________________

CHAPTER ELEVEN __________________________

__________________________

The girl was woken by rays of light irritating her eyes, as she turned her head still in a sleepy gaze, not wanting to wake up already, she felt an unfamiliar presence next to her. The girl quickly opened her eyes, moving to sit up while she looked around the unfamiliar room confused, before she remembered what had happened the night prior, a light blush making its way to her face. She didn't dare look at the man to her right, not embarrassed she just didn't want to somehow disturb him as she thought he was still asleep.

Though she was proved wrong as she felt light kisses being pressed to her shoulder, when the girl turned her head her eyes were instantly met with his stormy eyes. His hair ruffled, lips spread into a charming smile, but what caught her attention the most was the blue and purple bruises that were painted on the skin of his neck, following down his chest and so on. Not realizing that she herself possessed quite a few as well.

"Good Morning darling." His morning voice raspy and deeper than usual, shocking her slightly, though it was something she would never get tired of hearing. Mumbling back a small 'good morning' as she snuggled into his warmth, though their morning was cut short as knocks were heard on the door.

Apparently, it was a usual thing that Ivan would wake the General in the morning, so after he had been dismissed they were both getting dressed. Katarina got up to pick up her dress that had been discarded during their late-night, pulling it on making her way to the mirror to make sure everything didn't look out of place, but before she could go far her hand was grabbed, and she was pulled into Aleksanders chest. He brought his hand up to run his fingers along with the series of bruises he had left on her neck, the action making the girl flush.

"I should probably get Genya to hide those, shouldn't I?" She spoke looking down at her feet, trying to hide her blush, but she should know better than to try and hide herself from him. Placing his finger under her chin tilting it up, her eyes locking with his once again, moving his lips close to hers, but not close enough to meet.

"No, I find that I like them, actually." The girl moved her eyes to look at his lips as they spoke, they were so close but so far away, he was torturing her. The man was quite aware of what he was doing to her, he found the way she looked adorable. The corners of his lips twitched as he stepped away, leaving the girl standing shocked as he went to finish getting dressed.

The girl regained her composure as Kirigan made his way towards the mirror, checking to make sure he was dressed properly before looking her way to make sure she was done, as the girl nodded he opened the door, as they both left the bedroom moving into the office. In the office they were met by Midnight now wide awake, the little cat made its way towards them, walking in between their feet. The Devin girl picked up the cat in her arms getting ready to leave, before leaving she received a kiss, and was told that breakfast would be in her room when she arrived.

When the girl had left, she had apologized to her cat multiple times for having to hear everything the night before. She had been walking fast wanting to get back to her room without too much attention, her neck was filled with hickeys that her dress didn't do much of a job hiding.

The first thing she had done when she had reached her room was discarded her clothes and bathed, while she had done so she hadn't heard Genya making her way into her room, getting herself comfortable on her bed. When the girl had finished she had made her way back into the room, quite shocked as she saw the redhead lying on her bed. The redhead's jaw dropped completely as she took in the girl, mostly the love-bites that were displayed all over her body. The black-haired girl quickly stopped her before she had the chance to speak out, "please don't say anything Genya, because I really don't think I have any answers."

At that the Tailor laughed full-heartedly, she wasn't surprised that it had happened. Normally General Kirigan looked at the second army like they were below him, but when he looked at Katarina he looked at her as his equal. Genya was happy for her friend, she deserves someone that could give her the world, and the General was the would. Shaking her head the woman got up from the bed deciding to help the girl, she examined the state of her neck laughing a bit. Katarina told her off multiple times claiming that it wasn't funny, though her friend thought otherwise.

"Saints, do you want me to hide them for you, Rina?" The girl in question took her time before answering, feeling a little conflicted as she remembered what she was told earlier. Slowly she nodded her head 'yes', the girl was well aware that Genya would only go as far as making them disappear for a day. So Genya helped out the girl hiding the mess on her neck and getting her dressed, watching closely as she ate afterward.

Though their morning was cut short when a series of knocks were heard on the door, the red-haired woman went to open the door. Outside stood a Grisha wearing a red kefta with black embroidery, the girls looked at each other confused. "General Kirigan has sent me to inform miss Devin immediately that she will be accompanying him for a journey to the camp outside the fold, the carriage leaves as soon as she joins."

And with that he left, Genya just as shocked as Katarina, both questioning why she was to leave. Though the redhead was quite aware that it was urgent as she ushered the girl outside promising her to look after Midnight. Genya was helping her to a black carriage where The Darkling was sitting waiting for her, giving her a quick hug goodbye.

Inside the carriage the girl had turned towards the man to her left, looking at him, questioning as to why they were leaving. The General went on explaining how it was claimed that a Sun summoner had been discovered, as he grabbed her hand telling her to get comfortable, as they had quite the ride in front of them.