- THIRTEEN -

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
__________________________

CHAPTER THIRTEEN __________________________

__________________________

When Katarina opened her eyes she was met with the dark eyes of the General, a fluttery feeling spent inside her chest as she took note of how he gently ran his finger through her hair. As he noticed that the girl was no longer sleeping he pulled her closer, pressing a light kiss to her head. "Morning, Genya should be here soon to get you ready, before she goes to handle Miss Skarkov, so I better leave beforehand. When you're done meeting me outside, we'll present her together." His morning voice as always the most enchanting thing ever, raspy, deep and shouting.

The girl listed, hanging on to every word, as she watched him leave her side to get ready. Nodding as a reply, too tired to form a sentence. She moved to sitting position, whilst mentally preparing for Genya and what would follow. When Aleksander had finished he pressed a small kiss on her lips before leaving, and just as he had opened the door Gently was standing on the other side, her arms full of stuff and Midnight standing beside her.

The redhead looked at the man sealing her lips into a thin line to stop herself from saying anything out of order, considering the fact that the man was in fact still her superior. It was slightly awkward for the Devin girl to watch, the man just gave her a little nod and proceeded to remove himself from the situation quickly.

When he had left the Tailor entered the room, quickly closing the door after her. "You know, your kind of sleep with the boss." With that one sentence, the black-haired girl scrunched her nose, grimacing her face in disgust.

"Saints, that was not necessary Genya." She mumbled in distaste frowning a bit at the thought, stocking the cat that had made its way beside her. The former quickly put the topic aside ushering the girl out of the bed, rambling about how they didn't have much time, throwing a few complaints about having to go see the Sun Summoner after she was done.

She had done, as usual, touched up the girl's hair putting it into a form of a low bun, and adding a little colour to her face. Genya had a line of dark red eyeliner to Katarina's eyes, telling her how it fit perfectly with the necklace she had been gifted, but the playful smile on her lips told the girl it was about more than just the necklace.

When it was time to get her into her kefta the red-haired woman had pulled up a black garment bag, the Devin girl had thought it was just her normal attire, though she was proved wrong when she caught sight of the inside. Genya had indeed pulled out a black kefta as usual, but this one didn't just have the normal red embroidery on the sleeve as she was used to. No, this one had small Rubies sown on following the seams of the sleeves and the neckline, along with beautiful black embroidery on the shoulders.

The girl's jaw hung loose as she looked at the beautiful garment that was pressed to her, a smile painted on her lips. No explanation was needed, she knew that this had been a plan of Kirigans, and Genya had probably assisted more or less with it. The redhead smiled as she watched the girl's reaction, she herself had gawked when she saw it herself the first time around.

As they both laughed a bit, Katarina pressed Genya for an explanation, though she wouldn't budge. She was soon dressed in the stunning garment, a pair of black heeled shoes added, the high shoes weren't normally necessary but given that she was going to stand next to the General inside the royal court, Genya thought it best. Admiring it in the mirror as her friend stood behind, and watched her with a proud look on her face.

Soon she was pushed out the door, where Ivan was standing waiting to follow her out, to where General Kirigan was awaiting her arrival. So they did, walking in silence. Not the awkward kind, just a much-needed silence before the storm that was about to come. When they had reached the whereabouts of the Darkling, Ivan had nodded her off, allowing her to walk the last of the way herself, as he went off, probably to go see his better half.

When Aleksander had seen the girl, his mouth curved into what could only be described as a mixture of a smirk and a smile. His eyes roamed her body talking her in, she was indeed a sight for sore eyes, and she was all his. Giving her a hand as she reached him, kissing her hand as he pulled her close, not even caring about who saw. "You look absolutely beautiful darling, do you like it?"

Word had already spread out about the two, nobody dared to say anything, though the king was probably delighted that his two most powerful Grisha had gotten close. "I love it thank you." She didn't meet his eyes as she spoke, the fluttering feeling filling her body, heating her cheeks and making her heart beat faster. Though their talk was cut off as Genya had appeared, Alina following her steps, doing her best to keep up.