Chapter 5

As the three walked away from the training arena, going further into the protective walls of the castle, something happened. Something very unexpected.

Bakugo was joking about how the kitchen cooks still couldn't get the hang of making fried rice and chicken. They always ended up overcooking or undercooking the dishes, which would always make everyone eating the meal complain and laugh.

Kirishima was trying to decide on what to eat for lunch. He was stuck between the choice of steak, or ribs. That's when they both noticed Izuku slowly starting to fall behind.

Bakugo turned to look at his omega, his ruby red eyes glinting in the torchlight. "What about you, Izu?" he asked gruffly, but both mates knew that he was trying to convey a sense of affection in his voice. "What do you want for lunch?"

Kirishima frowned worriedly when he saw Izuku sway on his feet. "I, uh," Izuku stammered, his eyes closed and a hand held to his head. "Uh, I don't... know..."

Bakugo stepped closer to his omega. "Izu? You feeling okay?" he reached a hand forward, and was successfully alarmed when his mate pitched forward.

The spiky haired blond swiftly caught the younger male, leaning him against his chest. He placed a gentle hand on the omega's head, turning to Kirishima worriedly.

"He's burning up, Ei," Bakugo said, panicking as he felt Izuku's body trembling against his.

"He might just be tired?" Kirishima suggested, stepping up to the two and biting his lip worriedly. He placed a hand on the back of Izuku's head, pulling away quickly, as if he had touched a hot burner.

"Kat, it feels like he's on fire," Kirishima spoke hurriedly. He turned to look down the hallway, sighing with relief as he saw a nearby guard appear around the bend.

"Hey!" the redheaded king shouted, causing the guard to swiftly run over to them. "Shinsou, get Momo to our quarters, now!"

The purple haired male didn't ask why, just quickly bowed his head and ran back the way he had come.

Bakugo easily lifted Izuku into his arms, silently horrified at how light the omega was. He made a mental note to talk to Momo and Kirishima about it.

The two kings quickly made their way down the winding hallways, trying to hurry and, at the same time, not cause Izuku any pain.

When they finally got to their chambers, Kirishima all but kicked down the door. Bakugo quickly stepped inside the large room, gently setting Izuku down on the bed.

The poor omega was breathing heavily, his whole body shivering violently. He had his eyes shut tightly.

A moment later, Momo came barging into the room, medical satchel in hand. She quickly took note of the tense atmosphere, and made her way over to the bed.

As soon as she saw the curled up omega, she immediately knew what was happening. She took in his trembling body, his flushed face, and his dangerously high temperature with a worried frown.

She stepped away from the bed, looking back at the anxious kings. "There's nothing I can do for him," she said in a calm tone.

Before Bakugo could explode on her, she quickly added, shrugging her shoulders, "He's going into heat."

Kirishima and Bakugo whipped their heads up and looked at each other with wide eyes. The blond alpha was the first to break the silence.

"What are we supposed to do?" he asked angrily, folding his arms. His redheaded mate had taught him what a heat was, but he was still pretty clueless as to what he could do to actually help his omega.