Chapter 3

Izuku picked at the bowl of strawberries, a blank expression on his face. He didn't really know why they were giving him food, he hadn't done anything to deserve it. Plus, he had no idea if they had put anything in the fruit.

Almost every time Izuku had been fed, there was always some sort of drug put in the food. More often than not, it would be a sleeping drug. If it was a particularly stressful day, it would be some sort of drug that would stimulate his senses. Those days were the most fun for the alphas around him.

Izuku's eyes flicked nervously around the deserted dining hall. Alone, except for the two kings sitting beside him, he felt more vulnerable than ever.

The omega half expected the Traders to swoop into the room, exchange money with the two alphas, and take him away. Poor Izuku couldn't stop his trembling as his fear started biting him at the edges.

The two kings were worried sick for their mate. The poor boy hadn't eaten anything the whole time they had found him, no matter what they tried to do. The alphas had privately consulted with Momo to try and find a solution, but the beta told them that the omega was still scared in the new environment, and it would take time for him to adjust.

Kirishima took a bite of the scrambled eggs on his plate before looking at Bakugo, the worry evident in his eyes.

"Not hungry, pup?" Bakugo asked, smiling reassuringly. "It's alright, you don't have to be nervous around us. We're your mates, after all."

Izuku shook his head, his eyes pinned to his hands in his lap. Despite his actions, his stomach betrayed him.

Kirishima almost could have mistaken Izuku's stomach rumbling for a loose bear in the castle. When he realized what the sound was, he let out a hearty laugh.

Bakugo smiled as well, but the poor omega's eyes looked terrified. Izuku was shaking like a leaf, but his face remained expressionless.

Kirishima's smile withered away as quickly as it came. He leaned forward. "Is it too much?" he asked worriedly, and plucked a strawberry from the wooden bowl. "Here, I'll help you," he took a bite of the red fruit, smiling reassuringly at his smaller mate.

Izuku's eyes widened slightly. His eyes looked to the bowl of fruit, and back to the redheaded king.

The two alphas had to lean forward to hear the omega's next words. As soon as they heard the syllables come out of his mouth, they both wished they hadn't.

"They're..." Izuku began quietly, his voice quivering. "They're not... drugged?"

Bakugo suddenly fell out of his chair in pure shock and knelt by Izuku's, ruby red eyes wide with horror. "I- what? No! Baby, of course they're not drugged! We would never do that! Why would you even think that, pup?"

Kirishima's eyes welled up with tears, and he threw his arms around the trembling omega from his chair. "Izu, we're your mates! We'd never do something like that!"

What had the poor boy gone through to think that every morsel of food presented to him would be drugged? What horrible person would ever drug a poor, helpless omega? What-

Bakugo and Kirishima looked at each other, the exact same thought going off through their minds like a large explosion.

What has he been drugged with?

"I-I'm sorry," Izuku whispered, panicking now at his mate's actions. He had said something wrong! He had upset them! He was going to be hurt! No, he was going to be returned to the Traders! He didn't want to go back! He couldn't go back!