Chapter 14

When the omega awoke, he was no longer in his wolf form. He glanced around him, scanning his new surroundings. A strong scent made its way to his nose, one that made him relax slightly.

A second later, a familiar pink haired beta appeared over his head. She brushed the green hair out of his eyes, smiling down at him gently.

"Good morning, darling," Mina said cheerfully, but still keeping her voice quiet. "You've slept for a long while, how are you feeling?"

Izuku blinked harshly, trying to clear his blurry vision. He looked around once again, finally realizing that he was in a bedroom. It was small, but large enough for two people to move comfortably around in. An animal skin rug lay stretched out on the hardwood floor, and the curtains were shielding the bright light coming in from the window. The strong smell of bubble gum surrounded him, giving him some sort of comfort in his slightly confused state.

Mina seemed to catch on to his perplexed expression. "Oh! You're in my room," she explained, smiling. "You've been asleep for almost a day and a half, which means only about another day or so before you can see your mates... Well, if you want to, that is,"

The pink haired lady squinted down at her friend -more like little brother at this point- with concern, taking in his rather sickly and flushed complexion. "Are you feeling alright, darling?" she brought the back of her pink hand up to feel the omega's forehead, frowning worriedly.

When she made contact with his skin, she immediately pulled away with a yelp. "Izuku, you're burning up!" she quickly felt around on her nightstand table beside the bed, retrieving a large cup of water she kept there. "Here, drink some water."

The omega obeyed to the best of his abilities. A sick, warm feeling settled over him, one that was a little too familiar. After he drained the water, his head flopped back down to the pillow, and he squeezed his eyes shut as he slowly felt his own body temperature increase.

Izuku's eyes suddenly snapped open, green eyes filled with pain and panic and realization. He gripped Mina's wrist as she made to run out of the room and get Momo.

"S-suppressants," Izuku stuttered breathlessly, as another wave of uncomfortable warmth started to creep along his body. "I-I need suppressants."

Mina's eyes immediately widened, as she finally realized what was happening. She hurriedly sat back down on the bed, gently lifting Izuku's head on her lap. "It's your heat. Isn't it, darling?"

Izuku squeezed his eyes shut, latching on to her offered hand with an iron grip. The guardswoman didn't seem to mind, only squeezed his hand back to convey comfort.

Mina cursed. "Those stupid, stupid idiots!" she fought to control her angry shouting, but evidently caused Izuku to flinch. She quickly soothed him. "Their ruts triggered your heat, dammit!"

The pink haired lady groaned, gritting her teeth as Izuku's scent began to grow heavier in the air, filled with pain and fear pheromones. Mina did her best to calm the distressed omega.

She hugged the greenette close, running her fingers through his sweat dampened hair. "Shh. It'll be okay, I promise," she soothed. "Your mates will be coming soon, they'll be able to help you better than I can."

Izuku whimpered at that. He wasn't sure if he wanted his mate's help or not. He didn't want them to touch him! He didn't want to see them, if they were still going through their ruts.

But, deep down, he knew that he'd need their presence if he were to make it out of his heat. No matter how much he tried to deny it, his feelings for his mates hadn't changed. Then, he did something that surprised even himself.