Chapter 10

(Enjoy a chapter that is purely fluff!)

(It'll be the last fluffy chapter for a while-)

The two kings had enlisted four of their best and most trusted guardsmen, to remain at the small village. The omega trap laid out in the forest was enough proof for them that a resident was working with the Traders, and they were deadly determined to find out who had almost cost them the life of their beloved omega.

Of course, the two alpha's didn't speak a word of this to Izuku. They didn't want to alarm him, or give him any more unnecessary stress. The poor male already had enough of it, for he was still trying to adjust to castle life.

True to Bakugo's words, the three mates stayed in their bed for almost an entire week, neglecting all royal duties and having their advisors take care of everything that related to their kingdom.

God knows the three needed a well deserved break from everything.

But the first night home was anything but peaceful. And the morning wasn't any better.

***

Izuku ran as fast as he could, stumbling over protruding tree roots and loose stones. The horrible scent of unfamiliar alphas and rotten fruit chased after him, and he knew the owners of the scents weren't far behind.

This was his chance, this was his chance! He had pulled it off! He was finally going to escape from the Traders! He almost let a joyous laugh escape him.

Izuku could almost taste the freedom on the wind as it rushed by, seemingly fueling him with more energy and stamina. Every ache grew numb, and his limping gait changed to an even pace as shock took away the pain in his body. He wasn't sure whether to be grateful for that, or terrified.

Then a piercing howl erupted from behind him, and he immediately knew he was in trouble.

He cursed underneath his breath. Of course the alpha Traders would send omegas after him! Why hadn't he thought of that? Stupid, stupid!

Because of his own carelessness, he was going to be caught! He was going to be thrown back in his cell, bloodied and broken, weak and defenseless.

No! No, he wouldn't go back! He would rather die than go back to the Traders! He couldn't go back! He wouldn't allow it!

Then heard a loud, mechanical snap, and he went tumbling to the forest floor. Immediately, he tried to scramble back to his feet and keep running. He could hear the howls and shouting of the Traders growing closer and closer!

But his ankle roared in agony, and he fell on his hands and knees. Sparing a glance behind him, his terror filled eyes widened as he caught sight of his legs.

A bear trap was latched securely around his right ankle, its metal teeth digging into his flesh and drawing heavy amounts of blood. A heavy chain embedded itself into the ground, rendering him motionless.

Izuku's breathing picked up, and he tried to shift to his wolf form, begging for some unknown god to hear his desperate pleas for mercy.

But the heavens seemed to be closed to him, and nothing happened. The Trader's poison was still flowing inside his body, rendering his omega side useless.

Izuku broke down into tears as he saw wolves emerging from the trees, Alphas close behind them. They ran faster as they caught sight of him, helpless on the forest floor.