Chapter 24

TW: Slight non-consentual touching

Please do not skip over the author's note at the end!

Izuku strode down the massive hallways of the castle he lived in, keeping his head down. He entertained himself by finding faces in the patterns of the long, red rug stretched across the hallway. He had already found the face of a cat, and was now following the long body of a snake around the corner.

The omega muttered to himself as he walked, tapping his fingers together in a show of anxiety.

"What's going to happen now?" Izuku quietly asked himself. He turned down another hallway, not really watching where he was going. "What will Kacchan and Eiji do with me? What's going to be the fate of my kingdom? Will they take me to see my homeland? What of the goblins? What's happened to them? What has happened to my kingdom? What about-"

The greenette was so deep in his thoughts, he didn't notice the pair of footsteps walking right in front of him.

Before he could even think to stop his momentum and change direction, Izuku bumped into something warm and strong. The freckled male stumbled back, his gaze glancing upwards.

Periwinkle colored eyes glared harshly back at him.

***

Katsuki glanced up when the door to their room creaked open, a great sense of silent relief overflowing him when he saw Eijiro's spiky red hair peek past the door frame. He made no motion to move over on the bed, leaving the redhead no choice but to climb over the blond to get to his side of the mattress.

Eijiro did just that, ignoring the groans of protest from the other alpha when he basically rolled over the blond's body and face planted on the bed beside his mate.

Katsuki continued to scan over the sheafs of paper in his hand, frowning slightly when he came across one particular page.

Sensing his mate's sudden discomfort, Eijiro rolled over onto his side and rested his cheek against Katsuki's arm, looking at the papers that had gotten the alpha so distraught.

Katsuki, too absorbed into the enticing words written onto the flyer, didn't bother blowing up at the redhead for the sudden act of simple affection. Instead, he tilted the papers in just the right way so Eijiro could see without straining.

The redhead's scarlet colored eyes narrowed briefly, then widened as he realized the sudden important information upon the flyer.

"They want to do what?"

Katsuki scoffed in response, flapping around the paper as if what was written upon it was a sick joke. "Yeah. But with Izuku alive, they can't go through with it... can they?"

Eijiro frowned, the creases between his eyebrows growing with each passing second. At this point, he would end up with wrinkles. "Not if they don't know that Izuku is alive. Besides, where's our proof that he's really the lost prince?"

"I managed to get him to admit it just a while ago to me," Katsuki revealed casually, looking away from his mate's sudden burning glare.

"You what?"

***

"Watch it, omega!" the periwinkle eyed male chided unkindly, an annoyed frown on his plain features. His eyes were narrowed, an unpleasant scowl painted across his thin lips.

Izuku immediately lowered his gaze to the ground, catching a slight whiff of the male's terrifyingly familiar scent.

The powerful, campfire and lavender scent of a dominant alpha. Two smells that should not go together, and yet they clashed with each other in a seemingly perfect way.