Chapter 27

(A/N: Please read.)

So like honestly I really hate how I've been writing this book. I hate how I started this book and I know I can do so much better now, and there's so much unecessary stuff and a lot of things that go unexplained, but I won't be editing the eariler chapters unless I feel like it. I know exactly how I want this book to go and how to end but it's gonna take a while to get there. Motivation for this book, and writing in general, are the two things I am struggling very hard with right now. And I want to write and produce well written and good quality chapters for you guys to read and enjoy, and that means I'm going to have to take longer to write these chapters to the best of my abilities.

If you're not happy with that, I understand. A lot of readers come on here to read books that have already been completed, or have a reliable updating schedule. I'm sorry to say that this book won't be either of those for a while. Some of you may not know this, but school is a thing (sadly). I have a very physically demanding job. I am a human being. I have a life outside of Wattpad. I don't have nearly as much time as I used to for writing. I write for fun and as a coping mechanism, and if I'm not finding writing enjoyable at the time or if it doesn't feel safe, I will not write. I'm sorry, but those are just my personal expectations.

Anyways, if you've read my rant up to here, thanks. This was just a wordy heads up that updates for this book in particular will be very sketchy for a while as I slowly get back my motivation and try to find time to write. Please be patient and understanding, and if you can't do that or be respectful, go read something else. I am not in a mindset to handle any sort of negativity.

With that out of the way, enjoy the first chapter to Arc Two of Our Bond. I call it 'Cannot Be Broken'.

20~💜

(TW: Swearing, self-deprecation, blaming, hinted at sexual abuse, flashbakcs inlcluding blood.)

Thunk.

Swish.

"It's your fault."

Thunk.

Thunk.

"It's all your fault."

The greatsword cleaved to the side, hacking at the wooden post as if nothing else mattered.

Thunk.

Creak.

The wood began to crack, splinters flying in every direction.

"He's broken because of you."

Thunk.

Crack.

"If you hadn't been so fucking slow, none of this would have happened."

Crack!

The training dummy shattered into a shower of splinters, some embedding into his skin and the other half falling limp into the sand.

His shoulders heaved with every intake of breath, sweat dripping down his toned body. Blood dripped from the open calluses on his hands, but the adrenaline coursing through his veins wouldn't allow him to feel the stinging pain.

He collapsed to his knees, his rage thoroughly spent. Then came the overwhelming guilt and utter pain. Still panting for breath, he looked down at his palms. He watched as more blood dripped from his hands, relishing in the feeling, drowning himself in it.

He deserved to feel pain, after what he did. After what he didn't do.

I'm a failure as a mate. I don't deserve either of them. Hot tears of anger sprang to his red eyes, threatening to pour down his hollow cheeks. I don't deserve to even have mates in the first place. They deserve better than me.