Chapter 17: Sleepless Night

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

Classic woke up in the middle of the night. He felt someone trembling and moving, forcing him to wake up. He sat up, rubbing some sleep out of him and looking beside him.

There Red sat, crying and sobbing, whispering inaudible words "..b-boss! no! th-that's not true!" Panic rose on Classic's soul, he tries shaking him to wake him up "h-hey red! wake up! it's all just a bad dream.." he kept saying.

"wake up..!"

"red!"

"red, it's just a dream..!"

Red turned around, trying to find the source of that voice. He started crawling, finding a way out of this mess "COME BACK HERE YOU DISGUSTING SLUT!" Red flinches at the name, but he continued, crawling away as his life depended on it "YOU DON'T DESERVE HIM! YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING!" He tries his best to ignore everything he's saying but the words are stuck in his mind, he slowly started believing him 'maybe what he's saying is true..' He hears footsteps getting closer and closer "..YOU'RE A PATHETIC, USELESS STRAY CAT THAT DOES NOT DESERVE TO LIVE!" Red's body trembles, tears flowing out of his eye sockets "..NOW DIE" He felt a sharp knife near his throat and a heavy foot on his back "END IT ALL, YOU MURDERER" Red felt all his sins crawling on his back, he slowly closed his eyes, accepting his faith.

"..it's not real.. you're safe with me, please wake up.."

Red's eyesockets snapped wide open. Panting and trembling, he wrapped his hand around his neck, and let out a sigh of relief when he felt his collar around it. He suddenly felt a tight embrace making him flinch a little, he looked to his right "thank stars.. you scared me!" Classic looked up with a worried face "are you ok? do you need anything?" Red hesitantly shook his head "n-no, im ok.. it-it's just a nightmare.." Classic wiped the tears on Red's cheekbones "are you sure? you were shaking.." Red shivered, remembering what happened that day. He wrapped his arm around Classic's waist, burying his face on his shoulder "i..im ok.." his voice was muffled "im sorry to wake you up.." Classic shook his head, placing his hand on his back and rubbing circles "it's ok, no need to apologize.." Silence lingered for a moment. Only the sound of the wind blowing through the house can be heard and the occasional small sniffs from Red.
Classic was worrying about him, how could he forget about something serious like this? He feels so stupid for forgetting "hey red.." Red hummed in response "..do you wanna talk about it?" Red just shook his head, refusing to talk. Classic softly sighed, he wanted to know what's going on, he wanted to know the nightmares he's experiencing and he wanted to stop it.

He has experienced these things before. These horrible memories and false reality in his head created by his own mind. He knows so well the feeling of not being able to sleep and the haunting dreams feel like it's going to find and kill you, even if it's not real.

How unfortunate that he's experiencing these, he wonders what he can do to help him. But how can you help someone who doesn't want to talk? or say anything? Should he just wait? Or should he force his way in? Feels like the first option is better, but if this goes on for a while, then he has no choice but to use the second one.

Some time passed and he noticed Red's breathing going back to normal. He took a glance at his face and confirmed he is indeed asleep. He gently placed his arms behind his knees and on his back and lifted him, carefully walking upstairs, to their bedroom. He placed him on his bed and covered him with a blanket.
He took a moment to decide if he's going to stay or leave.
He decided to stay, just in case another nightmare occur. He lay down beside him, Red's back facing him. He fiddles with his fingers for a while, then he decided to wrap his arm around his waist, a small blush crawling on his face. He shook his head, he's doing this so he can wake up easily if another nightmare hunts him. Nothing more, nothing less.
He let out a small groan "what's wrong with me.." He ignored the weird feeling, getting Red to talk is his main objective here.

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

sorry for the short chapter ;~;
a

nd BOI my head is a mess rn-