Chapter 8: Cute

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

They talked about random things for who knows how long, Red was trying to avoid talking about his life and his universe, and of course, Classic respects that and avoids it as well. They enjoyed each other's company and their similarities between them. Guess you could say they had a good time, Red feels more and more comfortable around Classic as time goes on, he feels like he's not the kind of monster who would hurt him, he feels like he can trust him a tiny bit and he can at least call him a friend. Thats huge progress for an edgy skeleton like him for a day, but anxiety pulls him back, it always does. Anxiety tells him not to trust him, not to fall for his kind tricks, and not to get too attached. Red doesn't want to listen to it, but he can't help but believe what it's saying.

"well, it's getting a little late now bud, wanna go back home?" Red looked outside, it was getting a little dark since they teleported in here around 4. Classic grabbed his phone from the pockets of his jacket to check what time it is.

6:34?! wow, we've been here for 2 hours straight huh...

Classic chuckled to himself before looking back at Red who's just playing with a loose thread on his jacket, like a cat.

will he stop looking so...

Red looked up at him once he felt his gaze on him, he tilted his head to the side in a confusing manner.

so..c-cute..

"classic? ya good?" Classic felt his whole body tense as his face starts heating up, he looked beside him, avoiding eye contact, trying to calm down "y-yeah! t-totally fine pal! just noticed it's already 6, we should go now.." Red nods his head, mumbling a quiet "alright.." before standing up after Classic did. Classic paid for their short meal before heading out to go back home. They opened the door and almost immediately, they felt the rush of the cold breeze ran through them, but being used to cold weather, it didnt bother them. The distance between his house and the coffee shop is not that far, they can just take a walk. Classic can just use a shortcut but he wants to show the surface to Red first, and besides, it's beautiful here, especially at night, Classic has a special place where he goes just to stare at the stars and be alone with his thoughts, and maybe he can to show this to Red before he goes back to his universe. Red was walking beside Classic, a little far from him but not too far, both his hands are in the pockets of his jacket, and his gaze is focused on the road ahead. Classic just starred at his face, he has a small crack running from the top of his right eye socket, going down. His red collar fits his edgy look and personality so well, he can't help but be concerned for him, wondering if the collar is hurting him or uncomfortable to wear. He looks on top of his head, Red is a little shorter than him, maybe because being a Neko affects his height, it doesn't bother him though, it made him looked unique, and.. maybe.. a little more cuter... Oh, how Classic wants to play with that fluffy cat ears so much.

FunFact, Classic once owned a cat. He found the cat walking around his backyard. The cat went near him and sat down next to him, he decided to pat it gently so he doesn't scare it away, and because it's so cute he just wants to take care of it. So he did. He took care of the cat who doesn't own a collar and showed it to Papyrus. Papyrus loved the cute cat, it's color is fluffy white (after they bathe it) with black dots all over its body. Papyrus and Classic took care of the cat, named it "cookies", and bought a small bed for it. The cat stayed for 10 months, it looks happy and content, and it will always be Classic's favorite stress reliever and buddy every time he arrives home.

Unfortunately, one day...

He found his cat dead in front of his house. The lifeless cat was laying in the middle of the road. He noticed he left his window open, forgetting to close it before leaving. It looks like Cookies got hit by a vehicle. Looks like some jerk hit it and just leave without doing anything. At that moment, he doesn't know what to do, but he picked up the cat and made a small grave for it in his backyard, where they first meet. He was left with all emotions swirling around him and let's just say, he didnt got any sleep and asked for a day off from Grillby.