Chapter 24: His letter

⚠ TW  ⚠ mentions of self-harm ⚠
• ~ • ~ • ~ •

Papyrus woke up and happily hopped down from the couch. He went to the kitchen hoping to find Gaster, but he wasn't there. He went back to his brother to wake him up "BROTHER WAKE UP!!" Sans turned around, hugging the blanket "five... minutes..." his voice was muffled. Papyrus rolled his eyes and took the blanket off of him "NOOO! WAKE UP!!" Sans turned around to face him and sighed "alright, alright im up" Papyrus smiled "hmm, where's gaster?" Papyrus shrugged "HE WASN'T IN THE KITCHEN, MAYBE HE'S UPSTAIRS? IM GOING TO CHECK!" Sans nods his head "okay"

Papyrus happily rushed upstairs. Maybe he was in his bedroom? He opened the door, he wasn't there. Maybe in his office? He knocked on his door but he noticed it was already open.
Papyrus pushed the door and what he saw made his smile fall as he let out a loud, bloodcurdling scream.

Sans flinched at the sound. He panicked, thinking that he might've hurt his brother. What was he thinking leaving him alone with that freak?! He rushed upstairs seeing his brother standing in front of the door "..paps..?" Papyrus fell to his knees. Curious, Sans opened the door. His eyes went wide.

He saw a rope attached to the ceiling and Gaster floating lifelessly, his body slowly fading to dust.

Sans immediately hugged his brother, as he close the door. Poor Papyrus was shaking, tears are on the edge of his eye sockets. Only his hiccups and sniffles were heard as Sans try his best to comfort his brother.

Minutes or Hours have passed but they haven't moved an inch from where they were sitting "S..SANS WHY..." His soul aches "..WHAT DID I DO WRONG..?" Sans shook his head "..it wasn't your fault papyrus... it was his choice.." Papyrus let out a loud sob "..B..BUT WHY.. WHY CHOOSE TO DO THAT? I.. I THOUGHT HE WAS HAPPY! I THOUGHT WE FIXED EVERYTHING... I... I.." Sans hugs him tighter "..I THOUGHT WE WERE A FAMILY AGAIN..." Papyrus uncontrollably cries. Sans stayed silent, gently rubbing his back, he hesitated before saying "you know.. somethings are out of our hands.." he grabbed his brother's hands "we have no control over it.. and we can't fix it.. you did your best papyrus, it's not your fault" Papyrus starts to calm down a little "and besides.. im here, i'll never leave your side, no matter what" Papyrus let out a small hiccup "..BUT WE DONT HAVE PARENTS.. WE ARE ALL ALONE.." Sans gently lifts his brother's face to look at him "no we're not, we have each other, and just because we don't have parents doesn't mean we can't be family!" Papyrus started feeling better, he started looking at the bright side again "family is someone who has each other's back, someone who will love and support you throughout your life" Papyrus started to smile a little "and have i not been doing the same thing?" He tightly hugs his brother "..THANK YOU, BROTHER.." Sans hugs back "no problem brother.."

They stand up and started walking downstairs. Papyrus went to the kitchen, his brother following "are you hungry?" He nods his head "well, maybe we can cook something together?" Papyrus tilted his head to the side "BUT WE DONT KNOW HOW TO COOK" "then we figure it out!" Sans looked for a book, then he followed the instructions while Papyrus watch and help from time to time, and after a while, they made a dish for two. The brothers celebrated, as they successfully made a dish that chef Gordon Ramsey would be proud of "BROTHER! WE DID IT! AND IT TASTES AMAZING!" He smiled as they eat "yeah, it's really good! good job paps"

As the sun fell and the moon rose, casting gentle rays of light, the brothers got tired and went to sleep on the couch. But curiosity woke one up. He puts on his slippers and went upstairs. He opened the door as dust blew past him, he decided to search for something in his room, lots of papers and data are on the floor. It was messy here. He took a look "It is possible to merge two types of species to make a hybrid, however, it will be difficult to keep a hybrid alive. They will develop certain urges, and their soul will be much more different..-" A sound of rustling made him stop reading. He turned around but no one was there "Experiment: 01S seems to have sensitive hearing, a strong sense of smell..-" he skipped ahead, but while doing so, he found an interesting-looking paper, a letter just for them.