Chapter 23: His moments

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

After that wonderfully awkward dinner, Gaster set up a small game they could play, with a mix of education. The optimistic skeleton laughed and enjoyed it a lot, while the other is also, trying to enjoy and ignore this burning anger in him. While playing tag, Papyrus stepped on a small toy car and almost tripped, but luckily, Gaster caught him using his magic, as he let out a sigh of relief. Papyrus was hyped because it feels like he was flying, he asked for Gaster to teach him that.

After explaining, Gaster decided to show them an example. He made the rubric cube float as both skeletons stared in awe. Papyrus tried his best to make the toy float, but no matter how he try it wouldn't move. He let out a sound of defeat and looked at his brother. Sans can control 3 toys at once, Gaster starred in surprise as Papyrus rushed to go to his brother. Sans explained how he can do it and taught his brother.

While concentrating, Papyrus managed to summon a small bone from the ground. Wait, what? That wasn't what he was doing but he still smiled, feeling proud of himself. The other two clapped their hands and congratulated him.

The skeletons then rested for a while, Gaster decided to give them proper clothing, they went upstairs and searched in an old box where it has small clothes. Papyrus was searching for something in the first box, a bunch of clothes, scarfs, jackets are on the floor beside him, while Sans was laying on top of the second box, filled with clothes "SANS LOOK!  THERE ARE A LOT OF CLOTHES IN HERE! WHA- HEY! ARE YOU EVEN LOOKING?!" Sans looked up and nods his head "yep, totally, look i found this red scarf in here, though, it's a little long.." Sans showed him a red scarf folded into a square. Papyrus's eyes light up and grabbed the red scarf "OOH! BROTHER! IT'S THE PERFECT COLOR!" Papyrus wraps the scarf around his neck. He spins around and chuckled "IS IT NOT THE COOLEST?!" Sans chuckled "yeah it is, the color suits you bro" Papyrus sat down and ask "HAVE YOU FIND SOMETHING BROTHER?" Sans shook his head "nope, nothing here really fits me" Papyrus searched in the box, and found a gray hoodie, but it looks like a dress for Sans. He searched again and found a green Turtle neck with light green stripes, the wind suddenly felt cold, the two shivered "yeah im not wearing that"  "WHY NOT?"  "i don't like the color" Papyrus shrugs and find another one, he found a big white t-shirt but toss it to the side, Sans grabbed it "DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR THAT." But Sans was already wearing it "hey, it's a nice color" "IT'S BORING" "no it's not, it's clean" "IT'S TOO PLAIN" Sans shrugged "i like this better" Papyrus gave him an unamused face.

After that, the skeletons went downstairs to watch something on the tv with Gaster "Oh! The scarf looks amazing on you Papyrus!" Papyrus has a huge smile on his face "THANK YOU! IT DOES LOOK PRETTY COOL!" Gaster smiled, he turned his head to Sans who's wearing a white shirt "Oh.. what a very.. clean shirt you have there Sans" Sans almost laughed, seeing Gaster trying his best to compliment him "thanks." "I TOLD YOU IT WAS TOO PLAIN!" "no it isn't, he said clean" Papyrus just grumbled. Sans laughed at this, then his attention shifted to the TV. He saw another creature, not like any monster he saw in books "That is a human" Sans looked at Gaster "They are the ones responsible for why we, monsters, are trapped here in the Underground" Papyrus hugged his knees "BUT WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT? WHAT DID WE DO WRONG?" Gaster remembers all the chaos that happened in the war "...We do not know Papyrus." Sans accidentally changed the channel using the remote, it flashed some cartoon characters chasing each other "whoops"

Time moved unexpectedly quick, the two skeletons are quietly sleeping on the couch, leaning against each other. Gaster saw this as he walks back from the kitchen and he gently smiled at the scene in front of him. He grabbed a long blanket and wrapped it around them. He was going to leave until he left an arm gently tugging his shirt, he saw Papyrus with sleepy eyes. Gaster let out a small chuckle, he remembers himself through Papyrus. So he decided to sit down with them, cuddling them to sleep.

This feels... nice.
Having a family again is nice.

At this moment, Gaster forgot all about his project.

He forgot all about those deadlines.

At this moment, it's all about him and his family sharing this moment.

What could go wrong?

...What could go wrong..?

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

heEY im sick *cOuGh cOuGh*