二十 ;

-ˋˏ unwanted ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-ˋˏ unwanted ˎˊ-
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

coloured lights decorated the crowded streets as the moon watched over you. you and kurai had arrived at a small town where a festival was held. the streets were much too crowded for your liking and not to mention, demon slayers were still tracking you down. you had to stay as vigilant as possible.

walking through the town, you followed a path into a deserted area behind a forest. there was an abandoned house at the end of the path. both you and kurai made your way there, entering the worn down house.

it was small, only consisting a living room and kitchen. the place was dusty, mold growing in some parts of the house. "this place is disgusting..." kurai muttered, looking around for a light switch. "it smells..." you added, scrunching your nose in disgust.

you hear kurai flicking something before the light flickered on. it wasn't very bright, but at least it still worked. you let out a tired sigh, plopping down onto the floor, leaning back against the wall.

kurai let out a groan as he stretched his aching limbs. "alright, i'll go get some supplies from the town, you just stay here, okay?" you nodded with your eyes close, too tired to speak. you hear the door sliding shut as you were left alone.

you hear light tapping as if something was walking on the wooden floor. you snap your eyes open, sitting up properly you see a kasugai crow in front of you. "crap," you muttered out, thinking the crow was sent by ubiyashiki to come find you. but your panic slowly faded when you notice a note attached to you.

"letter for rengoku [y/n]!" it exclaimed, flapping its wings. "wait hold on- akarui?" you called out to the crow in front of you. "that's my name!"

you couldn't help the smile that made its way to your lips when you recognised it as kyojuro's crow. well, even though it looked like every other crow, akarui was always calling you 'rengoku' since he thought you were really the flame pillar's sister. but even though it felt like it, you weren't related by blood at all. you've tried to correct the crow a few times, but it just comes back the next day, calling you whatever it wanted. so you eventually gave up.

the crow hoped towards you, allowing you to retrieve the rolled up letter attached to its leg.

[ front page ]
yo [y/n], i really hope this letter reaches you. if it doesn't i might just tear that damn crow's wings out. well anyway, it's uzui here. i heard about what happened. everyone is hunting you down right now, really it's a mess. you know, ubuyashiki only wanted kurai dead, but things changed and now he wants us to capture you alive and bring you back. i'm assuming you fucked up and killed someone from the demon hunter. yeah you did. i'm like super sure you did. don't worry i won't rat you out or anything, i'm not that kind of person. plus your demon friend did help us out back then with upper moon six, so i really kinda owe him one. so if he needs anything just tell him to send me a letter, i'll help him out with it. not you. him. good luck with whatever you're doing. don't die on me, i'll kick you <33

[ back page ]
[y/n]! it's tanjiro here! uzui-san explained what happened to us and it really got me worried. i'm not mad or anything and i would really like to help you out. i'm sure you have your reasons for doing what you're doing, but i really did wish you told us what was happening. i too owe your demon friend, since he helped me out that time. and it'd be wrong of me to judge you when i myself am with a demon too. i really hope you know what you're doing and please stay safe!

[y/n]? [y/n]!? why would you just leave like that T^T i swear i felt my heart come out of my throat! even though uzui-san told me what happened, i still don't understand a single thing. but whatever please don't die, if you run across any trouble please come to us for help! we're your friends after all ( i don't know about that boar head) but that doesn't matter. just know we're here for you okay?! oh crap this is zenitsu by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what. uhm. don't die i guess fuck.
- inosuke???

for the next few minutes, you just sat there, with the letter in your hands. you stared at their kind words despite knowing what you've done, they were still backing you up. your nose burned a little as your vision blurred. you weren't expecting people to still support you through this. you had thought that the moment you ran away and killed that demon slayer, you were leaving everything behind.

you rubbed at your eyes, and looked back at the crow, noticing another letter. you picked it up and started reading.

[y/n] it's me mitsuri! oh god i really hope you're okay!? please you can't just run away like that! you got me worried sick! everyone's trying to find you and it's really freaking me out :( [y/n], why didn't you tell me what was going on? i could've helped the both of you! even though i know i can be really useless at times, but i swear i could've done something! i excused myself from the mission ubuyashiki-sama had given, i didn't like the idea of hurting you or kurai... but please reply to this letter okay?! i need to know if you're still alive or not! *sending comfort hugs to you* </3

you let out an annoyed groan as you felt tears strolling down your face. "damn it... why are they being so nice..?" you asked.

you couldn't deny it but you were already missing them. you want to see them again, but you didn't want to go back. not with all those demon slayers hunting down for you. you let out a choked sigh, bringing your knees to your chest as you wrap your arms around, resting your chin on them. you didn't bother to stop the tears, i mean, the last time you cried was when kyojuro lost him life. that happened like more than a month ago. so really, you deserve the rights to cry right now.

taking note of your mood, the crow excused itself from you, flying out of the house to leave you alone. and so you sat there all by yourself, crying your feelings out, your chest was aching as it yearned for comfort. a hug would be nice, though the people that always made you feel better were clearly not able to see you right now. you let your eye lids close as you let out another sigh, "hey kyojuro... what am i suppose to do now?"

next chapter :what you needed▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

next chapter :
what you needed
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬