二十六 ;

-ˋˏ ichi , ni , san ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"thank you," you took the cup of water from the man's grasp, gulping down the warm liquid. the man nodded before leaving you alone in the room to recover.

you thanked the gods that you managed to last until you arrived at the village. though the moment you did, you lost consciousness and woke up in an unfamiliar room. apperently someone had noticed you and brought you to the village's doctor.

your wounds had been wrapped up in bandages, your wrist was still broken, but the pain wasn't as bad as before. placing the now empty cup down onto the table next to you, you looked out the window, noticing how it was already night time by now.

after sitting there for a few minutes you decided to leave this place. you took a pain killer the doctor prescribed and made your way out of the room.

"ah! wait! what are you doing?! please don't stand up and move around like that, you're not fully healed, you're gonna hurt yourself-"

"it's okay, it's okay! i'm fine!"

"no god! you have a broken rib! one wrong move and that bone might stab one of your vital organs!"

"please don't worry about me, i can handle a few broken bones, thank you for the concern though," you gave the panicking man a slight bow before leaving.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you started walking around the village, trying to see if there was still food stores. your stomach was hurting from the lack of food, adding on to the pain from your wounds. though that could be fixed, you just had to focus on your breathing and you'll be fine.

you let out a sigh when you realised none of the food stores were open, much to your dismay. well, that was expected. it was probably about two in the morning right now. with an empty stomach, you decided to just make your way back to douma's temple. you looked around your surroundings, making sure no one was following you before you made your way out.

though somewhere around the deserted streets, you heard voices. out of curiosity, you walked towards where the voices were. two figures came into view, you placed yourself behind a wall. you leaned over to take a look and noticed that one of those dark figures belonged to upper moon one.

the demon was looming over a demon slayer who was on his knees as if begging him for something. he had his sword laid in front of him as bowed down even lower. you see the demon's lips moving, though you were too far away and was unable to hear his words. but you watched as the boy before him lifted his head up in hesitation and held his hand out in front of him, cupping them together.