二十八 ;

-ˋˏ what he wanted ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"hitari kurai... i will... take you down... no matter what... you traitor... "

"kurai!" your voice had snapped him out of his daze. his grip on the sword tighten as two more pillars appeared in front of you. he narrowed his eyes at insect pillar that he had once fought against, poison. he had to be careful on this one.

the love pillar had left the scene, she didn't want to see her friends get killed, but at the same time, she couldn't defy oyakata-sama's order. throwing her pride away, she yelled out an apology and ran off crying.

you assumed that their main target for now was kurai. with the wind and insect pillar going against him. the serpent pillar was making sure you aren't able to jump in to help.

breath of serpent, first form. winding serpent slash.

breath of flames, second form. rising scorching sun.

"what's the point of trying so hard, do you really think you'll be able to beat three pillars all by yourselves?" obanai spat, venom lacing his voice.

"that's not why we came here," you lowered yourself as low as you could, avoiding his deadly slash. "and killing you isn't our priority," you swung your sword to the side, only grazing the corner of his eye.

"that's too bad," the pillar appeared behind you in blinding speed, your neck tensed when you felt his sword coming nearer. he really was trying to kill you. just in time, you threw the top half of your body forward, his sword leaving a cut on your neck.

breath of flames, fourth form. blooming flame undulation.

you swiftly swung your blade around you, pushing the serpent pillar away with the red flames.

breath of serpent, fourth form. twin-headed reptile.

breath of flames, first form. unknowing fire.

with incredible speed, the two of you ran pass each other. it took a second to feel the pain he had inflicted on you. it was so fast, you barely caught it. he had managed to slice the side of your stomach, a deep cut to your left arm and a small graze on your cheek. even though you managed to stop the bleeding with your breathing, the burn his blade left behind stung your flesh.

you quickly turn around to face the pillar, your eyes widened when you realised you had accidentally cut through the bandages that were wrapped sorund his mouth. revealing two scars that ran along the ends of his lips.

but you were disappointed at how you didn't manage to lay a hit on him, which was strange because you thought you had him. you'll just have to go faster.

breath of flames, first form. unknowing fire.

breath of serpent, first form. winding serpent slash.