二 ;

-ˋˏ forbidden friendship ˎˊ-  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"damn! calm down, would you?" he exclaimed, jumping away from you, dropping the umbrella while doing so.

the grip around your sword tightened as you watch the demons' every move. was he working with the demon you were suppose to kill? or was he by himself? either way, he's a demon and you have to kill him.

staying quiet, you ran towards it, swinging your blade, it grazed his neck, blood spurting out. the cut immediately regenarted. "hey, hey!" he put his hands up in surrender, "i didn't even do anything!"

you ran towards him again, giving him a good kick to the head, causing his to fall to the floor. "ouch... that hurt," he mumbled, rubbing his head. you lift your blade up, bringing it down to his neck. when the tip of your blade made contact with his skin, his entire body vanished into thin air.

you looked around the isolated area, trying to see where he went. "so you demon slayers just kill demons, even if they're innocent?" a voice rang out from behind you. you turned around, but there was no one. "that's not fair," it continued.

that's true. this demon didn't even do anything to you. he actually helped you, so why were you attacking him? you let out a stressed sigh, lowering your blade.

"i'm sorry, i'm just really tired," you sighed, "i wasn't thinking straight."

"yeah, you just let a demon escape just now, i don't blame you."

"...uhm, can you show yourself?"

"you won't chop my head off?"

"i won't."

a shadow appeared in front of you, slowly solidifying into the same boy you saw before. "hi hi! kurai here~" he waved, giving you a huge smile.

you took a step back to study the demon in front of you. he was tall and was dressed in traditional clothes, a mess of black hair resting on top of his head, he had this playful glint in his dull grey eyes along with a slight smirk on his face. what caught your attention, however, was the nichirn blade slightly hidden under his haori.

a demon who uses breathing styles perhaps? well that's a first.

you rid the thoughts out of your head and backtracked a little, processing what he had said.

kurai? that name sounds familiar. "hello, sorry about just now, i didn't mean it," you apologised, scratching the back of your neck.