Part 11

A few hours later they were all in the hospital, except of Abby who was with Tali at Tony's apartment. Tony was pacing up and down the hallway. The doctors told him to wait as long as they examined Ziva. Finally, the door opened, and Tony was glad to see Ziva walking on her own. He went to her: "Hey, everything alright?" Ziva nodded and said: "Those wounds are superficial. I can leave the hospital now." Tony smiled. "These are good news. Follow me Bambina. The car is waiting for us." Ziva laughed about the nickname: "Bambina? When did you call me that the last time? About 3-4 years ago?" "Yes. Is something wrong with that?" No, I like it." They went to the car where Gibbs was waiting for them. As he saw Ziva he walked to her and said: "Hey. You good?" "Yes, I am." They shared a smile and Gibbs gave her a kiss on the forehead before leading her to the passenger seat. As they drove through Paris no one said as word. Tony was just looking at Ziva from the backseat. Ziva felt his look on her but ignored it and looked out of the window. She hadn't seen so much of Paris, so the look outside was new for her, but she loved it because its Paris. Ziva broke the silence between them: "Where are we going? That's not the way to Tony's home." Gibs answered:"To the NCIS here in Paris. We need to get your statement to what happened. Agbari and the woman are there too, we can interrogate them." Tony was surprised of Ziva's last sentence. "Wait... You know where I live? How?" Ziva grinned: "You really wanna know this?" "Yes, I do." "I followed Tali once on her way home. She led me direct to your apartment." "How long did you know?" Ziva swallowed hard before answering: "About half a year or something. I know I should have told you, but it wasn't safe. I'm-" Gibbs interrupted her: "Rule number 6." "Never say you're sorry, it's a sign of weakness, I know Gibbs. But sometimes you owe people an apologize, because of what you did to them." She turned to Tony and said with tears in her eyes: "I'm really sorry."

As they came into the building two agents led Ziva to the conference room. Tony followed Ziva and Gibbs the third agent who led him to the observation room of the interrogation room where Agbari was in. Ziva and Tony sat down at the table and the agents offered them coffee and something to eat. Ziva answered: "No, thanks. I just want to get this finished." Tony just sat there and looked at Ziva. One of the agents introduced himself: "Ok good. I'm Agent Dumont, this is my partner Agent Filles. We are going to investigate this situation and help your team." Tony answered: "That's good. We tried our best to solve this riddle, but the puzzle isn't finished yet." Ziva rolled her eyes, she was already annoyed of his stupid jokes. She said: "What Tony tried to say thank you for helping us." "It's a pleasure for us Miss David. We need to know what happened between you and Aaron Agbari." "Oh well, this is going to take a while." "We have time." Ziva sighed and started telling the story. In the interrogation room Agbari was interrogated by an Agent and was already starting to talk. "What did Ziva David did to you that you needed to get her out of your way?" "What she did to me? A good question. But can I point something out? I didn't want to get her out of our way. It wasn't my idea. I was just the man who executes the orders." "Then, who gives you the orders?" Agbari laughed. "What's so funny?" "I know exactly what you're doing here. And I know that you got her too, you don't need her name, you have it already." "You are an intelligent man Agbari. You know how to avoid questions." Agbari rubbed his ear in nervousness. He knew where this was going. The agent said: "So I ask you one last time, last chance to save you from prison. "What was between you and Ziva David?"

In the conference room

Tony was nervous. He did not know what she was going to say. He had no clue what happened to her or what happened between her and Agbari. The only thing he knew that he wanted to hear it from her. Ziva was quiet for a bit, sorting her thoughts and words in her head. Then she started talking: "I met Agbari in Israel about 2 years ago. He worked for Mossad and had contacts to safe houses and weapons. He helped me to live there without anyone noticing that I'm not dead." "Why should anyone think you are dead?" Tony and Ziva shared a confused look before Tony said: "Wow. I did not know that the NCIS in on this side of the pacific lives under a rock. You never heard of the bomb explosion at the farmhouse of Eli David himself? The ex-director of Mossad?" The agent looked at him and answered: "I heard about it, but I do not know what this has to do with Miss David." Tony and Ziva grinned. The agent had no clue who they were. Ziva said: "I was living in that house. It was said I were dead, but I could get out of the house before the bomb exploded." "But why there? Are you related to Eli David?" Tony laughed, Ziva punched him in his stomach to stop. "Yes I am. He is my father. I mean he was." The agent finally understood and said: "Oh. I didn't know that. I'm sorry for your loss." The other agent said: "Can we go back to the topic? What was between you and Agbari?" "After he had helped me, I owed him a favor. About a year ago he contacted me and said he would need me to solve a problem. I was living in a small apartment in tel aviv and he met me there. He told me to use my contacts at mossad to search for someone. His name was Kevin Müller, a german arms dealer who used to sell weapons to terrorists in Israel. That's what he told me. I didn't check that, because I thought I could trust him after what he did for me. That was a mistake."