Part 16

It was night. A peaceful silence was in the apartment, everyone was sleeping. Ziva and Tony had talked a while till they both were pretty tired. They went to bed and fell asleep right away.

She walked past a group of people staring at her. She searched for her, but Tali was not there. Everything began to turn. She felt more anxious as she ever had felt. The tears falling down her cheek and her screaming Tali's name she collapsed on the ground. It all blacked out. That's when Ziva awake from her bad dream with a fast-beating heart, gasping for air. She slowly controlled her breath and went calm again. 'It was just a bad dream' was what she thought over and over again. She then looked at Tony, who was sleeping peacefully on the side facing her, his hand reaching out for her. By that she knew it was just a dream. Tony was there. They were together and she didn't have to be anxious. But she needed to know if Tali is alright too. She slowly took the blanket off and got up. She made sure not to wake anybody. As her hand was on the doorknob, she could fell her anxiety getting higher. She opened it and was shocked to find an empty bed. She freaked out inside but could not move. She stood there staring at the empty bed with the worst scenarios in her head, as Tali grabbed her hand from behind. Ziva gasped in surprise and got down to hug her. "Ima, what is wrong? I was just on the toilet." Ziva ended the hug, but stroke with her hand through Talis hair. "I was just worried that you weren't in bed. I had a bad dream where you went missing, that's why I panicked." Tali looked worried and said: "That's not good. I never had a bad dream, but I guess it sucks." Ziva, not knowing what that meant asked: "It what?" "It sucks. It is bad or not good." "Oh. Yeah, it really sucks."

The rest of the night they all slept deeply. The morning came and the birds started singing. The sunlight was slightly showing through the curtains. It bathed the room in a yellowish light. The window was partly open, and the wind was blowing into the curtains. The light flickered on her face. She slowly opened her eyes and was blinded by the sunlight. She turned away and found an empty bed in front of her. Tony was already up. She didn't want to leave the bed, it felt too cozy and warm. But at the same time, she wanted to get up and take a shower. Before she could decide what to do, the door to the living room opened. "Morning, Bambina. Didn't know you are a late riser." She rolled her eyes and layed on her back: "Good morning Tony. Good to see you again. Why didn't you wake me?" He opened the closet and searched for something: "Well, I thought you needed some sleep and by Tali sleeping in my bed as well I guessed you didn't have that much sleep tonight." Ziva was confused: "Tali slept here?" "Yes, and she didn't want to tell me. She said it a little secret between you and her. Should I be worried?" Ziva laughed: "No, I guess our daughter is just as secretly as her father." Tony immediately turned to her raising an eyebrow: "I'm the secretly one? What did you do the last years? I guess I kinda forgot." "I managed to be living a normal life without an annoying and childish old man." With that Ziva moved something gin Tony. He threw the shirt he had in his hand at her face, which she caught before it landed. "Hey!" Tony faced her and said: "You have no right to play little games, Miss Da-vid. This is my apartment. Be happy that I let you be here. I warn you... I will get revenge." Ziva answered with a simple: "OK." and laid down on the bed again. "Ok." Tony, definitely confused by Ziva giving up so easily, turned back to his closet.