Part 30

After dinner they both tried to get Tali in bed, but it wasn't easy as Tali is as talk active as her father.

"But what are we gonna do tomorrow?"

Tony said: "Tali, we do not have any plans yet. We can decide that tomorrow. But now you have to sleep."

Tali crossed her arms and said: "But I don't want to, Aba."

He laughed and said: "Yeah I know. When I was your age, I would resist in watching one more movie or listening to one more story to go to bed and that drove my parents crazy. You want to drive us crazy?"

She looked at him and slowly shook her head.

Ziva closed the curtains and joined Tony, sitting on Tali's bed. She gave her a kiss and said: "Good night, Tali."

Tali finally lay down and said: "Good night, Ima, good night, Aba."

Tony gave her a kiss too and said: "Good night."

He got closer and added: "I love you, Tali."

Tali joined his little game and whispered back: "I love you too, daddy."

Ziva just sat there and smiled at them. Tony got up, grabbed Ziva's hand and they both went out.

After he gently closed the door, he said: "It's amazing how it takes two grown-ups to get one little girl into bed."

Ziva laughed and said: "Well, she definitely has that from you."

Tony smiled back but didn't say anything back. Instead, his facial impressions went serious, and he asked:

"Do I now know everything I need to know about that mission?"

She looked at him for a long moment and answered: "Yes. There's nothing more you need to know. And I can assure you, I did not do anything illegal. You don't have to worry."

Tony was impressed and relieved by that answer. She always knew him better than he expected. He didn't tell her that he worried about her getting in trouble for what happened, but she knew. She always knows everything he thinks.

He grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. This hug was the only thing he needed more to make sure she was alright. She put her arms around his neck and pulled herself even more close.

She said: "I never knew I could be that loved by someone, and I'm happy that it's you. AND I never knew I could love someone the way I love you."

Her eyes teared up as she finished her sentence. The same happened to Tony.

He said: "I love you Ziva, David. And I always will."

She smiled. He smiled back. But then he said: "I maybe did something really stupid that you won't appreciate or like or I don't know."

Ziva looked at him confused and asked: "What did you do?"

He pulled out a box. A ring with a beautiful little diamond showed up as he opened the little box. Ziva gasped in surprise. He said: "As I said, I did something stupid."

She stood there, staring at the ring and Tony just stared at her face to find out what she was thinking.

He asked carefully: "What do you think?"

She lifted her eyes up to his face for a second and said: "I'm impressed and surprised and I don't even know what to say."

He looked at her confused and asked: "I got you speechless? Is that good or bad?"

She grabbed the box and looked at the ring. She glanced at Tony before smiling and saying: "It's good I guess."

He smiled back at her not really sure what just happened. It looked like none of them was sure what did happen.

He closed the box and put it back in his jacket pocket. He said: "Okay, now that I confronted you with this, I'll have to figure out how I will actually ask you."

Ziva said: "You can definitely take your time for that. But PLEASE, don't do something embarrassing."

Tony smiled confused and said: "Sounds like I'll get a yes, next time I put that ring out."

Ziva shrugged her shoulders and gave him a mocking smile.

He rearranged his suit. Ziva asked: "Why did you buy the ring now?"

This question blew his mind. He didn't even know why he did that. He said: "I guess I was worried that you will get to jail or something and I think it is actually time to make this official, not that it isn't official already, but you know, officially official."

She laughed. Her, smiling, made him realize there was even more he needed to say: "And you know after all that happened, I just want to make sure that I'll never wake up without you by my side again. I just want to spend every single day of my life with you, and with Tali of course, as a family. Because you are my family."

The tears were back in her eyes, but this time they escaped and rolled down her cheeks.

He added with trembling voice: "I love you."

She answered: "I love you too" and fell back into his arms again.

She was waked by the sun shining through the curtains. It blinded her eyes as she opened them. She yawned, still half asleep. Next to her, Tony was still deeply asleep, slightly snoring.

She turned to him and just looked at him. He seemed very calm and pretty happy. She smiled. The moments from last night were stuck in her head. The love she felt for him in this moment and the love Tony showed her was messing with her head. She didn't know what to think or say or anything. Her mind was completely empty, there was just Tony. Not only was this new to her, but it also made her feel special, like she found something she'll never let go of.

Tony's snoring silenced and he moved. As he opened his eyes, he saw Ziva staring at him, but not in a creepy way, but in a loving and caring way.

He said: "Morning."

She smiled and said: "Good morning."

Her voice made Tony smile. He grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. He whispered "Morning" again before he kissed her passionately.

They both smiled as the kiss ended. Tony said: "I don't know about you, but I have slept like a baby."

Her smile got even bigger, and she said: "Me too actually. I think yesterday has a great impact on us."

"But a good one!"

Ziva nodded and said as she sat up: "We need to make breakfast now. Otherwise, Tali will complain that she has not enough time to make herself ready."

Tony, who didn't want to let go of her grabbed her waist from behind and pulled her back to him saying: "Well, we should, but I'm not going to let you go so easily."

Ziva laughed and put his hands off her and said: "Maybe tomorrow, but not today."

She stood up and let the complaining Tony alone in bed. "Come on Ziva! Come back!"

But as he said that Ziva was already dressed and walking to the kitchen.