Part 25

Their first day as team leaders wasn't as exciting as they imagined. Every one of them needed to get paperwork done and some started arranging their new desks. Except of Tony who was sitting in his chair with his feet on the desk reading in one of his magazines.

That scene drove Ziva crazy for over an hour by now. She was nearly done finishing her paperwork as a sign popped up on her desktop. As she tried to close it the computer made sounds but didn't let her close it. She got angry and punched the computer, but it didn't help. But by that she gained the attention of her coworkers and from Tony too.

He put his magazine down and said: "Hey, you know the Gibbs technique doesn't work on technology? Mcgee told you two like a hundred times."

Ziva looked at him with an annoyed look in her face and said: "But I told you like a hundred times that it helps me, not the computer. And what about you helping me instead of annoying me even more?"

The tone in her voice made everyone fear. Tony knew she was angry and that he annoyed her a bit too much. He stood up and went to her desk. He stood behind her and grabbed the computer mouse, but Ziva grabbed his hand and stared at him with a threatening look.

Tony looked her in the eyes and stood still to prevent her from getting even more angry at him, even though in his point of view he didn't do anything. She stared at him for a few seconds but then slowly let go of his hand and turned to her screen again. Tony clicked a few buttons, and the problem was fixed.

Before he let go of the mouse he placed a soft kiss on her neck and whispered: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to annoy you."

He walked back to his desk and sat down. Ziva who was calming down looked at him and said: "Rule number 6."

Tony smiled and said: "Well, those are Gibbs' rules. I don't think they count anymore. We can make our own rules."

He turned to his three other coworkers: "So listen up! Rule number 5: Sometimes an apology is needed!" Tony turned back to Ziva with a big smile on his face and saw her slightly smiling too.

As she heard the keys turn in the lock Tali jumped up from the couch and went to the door. It was her first day where Ziva and Tony came home late. She was waiting for them for about an hour because she didn't know what to do anymore.

She did what her parents had told her and got all her homework done, ate her lunch which Ziva had prepared for her and watched the movie Tony recommended her. But after that she just sat on the couch and waited for them, so now that they were coming back home, she was pretty excited.

She opened the door before Tony had the chance to do it himself. He said in surprise: "Woah, look who is always a bit faster than me. How did you do that? Reminds me of an old wise, but grumpy man who used to lurk on us every day in the office."

Tony could feel Ziva's hand on his head before it even hit him.

He groaned: "Okay, I deserved that. I'm tired, that's why I'm so strange."

Ziva and Tali looked at each other with raised eyebrows telling each other 'He's always strange and we both know that'.

Ziva asked Tali: "How was your day? Did everything go as planned?" Tali proudly said: "Yes! I did everything you told me!" Ziva knelt in front of her and cupped her cheeks and said with a big smile on her face: "Great!"

Tony who was already sitting on the couch recognized the empty DVD box and asked Tali: "You watched the movie? How did you like it? It's a masterpiece, isn't it?"

Tali, who was clearly not of the same opinion said slowly: "Uhm... Yes, I watched it. It was okay."

Tony turned to her: "Okay?? What does okay mean? 'Inside out' is a kids movie how can you not like it?"

Before Tali could answer Ziva asked: "When it's a kid's movie, why did you see it, Tony?"

Tony smirked and said: "What a stupid question. I needed to test watch it, to see if it's right for our daughter or not Zi-va, and it was great, that's why I can't understand why you don't like it, Tali."

Tali and Ziva sat next to him on the sofa and Tali said: "Well, I don't believe in little persons who are in my head. I can't imagine that. And this whole world is so bright and shiny even though it isn't like that in real life. I don't see what the point is behind that."

Tony was stunned by her answer. "Wow. Okay. I see. You are too smart for movies for kids, huh? Next time I'm giving you a real masterpiece that you will love."

The next few days were as boring as their first day as team leaders. No body, no case. They ran out of paperwork to do and were now just sitting around in the bullpen chatting and being bored.

"So, you guys were Agents in the same team?": asked their female coworker.

Ziva answered: "Yes, and if you ask, yes Tony was as annoying as he is now. And as a coworker he was actually even worse."

Tony who wasn't even listening, just stared at his computer. Ziva asked confused: "You don't want to say something against it?"

Tony didn't hear her. She stared at him trying to get his attention, but as he didn't notice her, she stood up and slowly walked behind his desk.

She abruptly placed her hands on the desk which made Tony shiver. He finally noticed her. He asked without looking at her: "Didn't I tell you to stop creeping around? What is it that you still have to do this to me?"

Ziva came closer and said: "I don't know, every time I'm around you I have the urge to scare you in some way."

Tony sighed, which confused her: "What's wrong Tony?"

"What should be wrong?"

"You didn't say anything as I called you annoying and now, you're not joking around as usual."

He turned to her and said: "Well, I was happy to work again but with work I associated investigating and not sitting around having to listen to your conversations all day long."

Ziva smiled. She was relieved that it wasn't something serious that bothered him. "I'm sure we'll have a case soon." She placed a soft kiss on his cheek before going back to her desk.

The elevator dinged and a few men in suits stepped out coming directly to the bullpen. "Special Agent David?"

Ziva stood up and answered: "Yes?"

"You need to come with us. Now!"

The whole team looked at each other with a confused look.

Tony didn't want to let her go: "Where do you gonna bring her? And why? And who are you?"

One of the men looked at him and said: "You must be Agent Dinozzo. Our Boss warned us about you. We'll answer your questions later. Agent David has to come with us!"

Tony and Ziva exchanged one last concerned look before Ziva and the men in suits went to the elevator.