Part 34

"Nice to see you again, Tony. Come on in." He led them through the hallway to the kitchen, which was nearly as big as Tony's living room. They were both stunned by how big and nice this house was.

"You want anything to drink? Coffee?"

Ziva answered: "Yes, coffee sounds good."

He went to the kitchen and made some coffee, Tony and Ziva followed him silently. Tony looked around. The whole room was white with golden accents. Most of the furnishing was out of marble or marble themed. It made everything look expensive and majestic.

Tony said: "Impressing lifestyle that you have here. Looks pretty expensive to me."

Charlene's uncle grinned and said: "Thanks. And yes, it is. Looks like I get paid too much for my job."

He took the coffee mugs and handed them to Tony and Ziva. Then he led them to the living room, which was even bigger, but it seemed a lot more unsorted and unorganized then the kitchen. They sat on the comfortable sofa and took a sip of coffee.

Ziva asked curiously: "So, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a judge."

Tony grinned and jokingly said: "Oh, then I'm sorry for being so impolite, your Honor." He stood up and bowed and received a punch in the side from Ziva in exchange.

"Ouch! I was joking."

To Ziva's surprise Charlene's uncle seemed amused, but she apologized either way: "Sorry, he isn't always like this."

"It's fine. I like people who have actual humor. It makes life more enjoyable."

There was silence for a moment. All three were thinking about what to say next.

"Oh, I think I should be sorry for being impolite, I didn't even tell you my name. I'm Michael."

Tony looked at Ziva who was already staring at him with a serious 'don't-do-what-I-think-you-will-do' look. Tony tried to hold back his laugh, but Michael did notice.

"What's so funny?"

Ziva answered before Tony could: "Nothing, we just talked about another Michael yesterday."

Tony couldn't hold back any longer and said: "We have bad experiences with Michaels."

Ziva looked at him annoyed by what he just said. Michael got curious and asked:" What did the other Michael do?"

Ziva said: "I don't think that's a good story to begin this conversation."

Tony smiled and said: "I think it is. It's actually pretty funny if you look at it from a specific angle."

Ziva couldn't find a way to not tell the story, but when she told it she made sure to leave out all the parts this Michael shouldn't be aware of. "That's basically it. Nothing special. Just an ex-boyfriend."

Michael smiled amused and said: "Exe's are funny aren't, they."

Ziva and Tony just smiled back at him as an answer. Then Michael got up and said: "I guess we should look what the children are doing."

As they came to Charlene's room, they found Tali acting with Charlene. They put on music from Frozen and played the scenes. Ziva and Tony looked at each other and smiled. Michael said to Tali and Charlene who were spinning around in circles to 'Let it Go': "Elsa and Anna look a little different here."

That caught the kids' attention and they awkwardly smiled at the three of them. Tali said, kinda embarrassed that her parents caught her doing that: "We did nothing. Charlene just wanted to show me her music player."

Ziva smiled and said: "No need to apologize, Tals. I'm glad you two have fun together." Tali's smile got less awkward.

"We should go downstairs and eat something." Michael said and then added: "Char, can you help me choose some sweets." Charlene squealed excited and said: "YES! Come Tali!" She grabbed Tali by her hand and rushed down the stairs with her. Michael followed them.

"She is so much like you." Ziva smiled at Tony, who was still staring at the stairs were his little girl just went down. He said: "You think so? And is it a compliment or an insult?"

He turned to her, and she smiled at him amused. Ziva said: "It is a compliment. She tries to not disappoint anyone and apologizes even if there is nothing to apologize for and that is a sign of a kindness, she only learned from you."

Tony smiled and nodded: "You're right. But caring is something she must have learned from you."

He grabbed her waist and led her down the stairs, leaving no room for her to disagree.

A few hours later they decided it was time to go home. Tali and Charlene had a lot of fun together and Tony, Ziva and Michael had interesting conversations. It was a perfect day. They were all really tired. As they came home, they went straight to bed.

The next morning Tony was waked by Ziva. She was up for three hours before Tony even woke up. But it was already 11 am on a Saturday morning, so Tony just slept a lot longer than her. She had made some phone calls and now told Tony about it: "Mcgee and Abby already agreed. Gibbs didn't answer, but I'll try again in the evening."

Tony sat and stroked through his hair. He said, still sleepy: "You look beyond beautiful today." Ziva stared at him with a confused look: "Okay. Did you listen to me?"

"No, not really. Tell me again."

Ziva scoffed and got up. Tony, who was not ready for her to leave him alone begged: "Please no, stay here. Ziva!" but Ziva didn't hear him.

He led himself fall in the mattress again and sighed. He had no other chance than to get up and talk to her. He came in the living room and smiled. She really did look good that day. Something about her was different, but good. Really good. He couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Her phone rang and she stood up from the sofa, taking Tony all hope for spending time as a couple away. "Ziva David... Hey Gibbs, thanks for calling me back."

She walked past Tony and back to the bedroom.

Tony sat down on the sofa and closed his eyes. A large smile formed on his face as he let the memories from the last two days sink in. He saw his little girl play in front of many people, and she did so well, he was proud to be her father and to be part of this very special experience of hers. Her friendship with Charlene developed so good and Tony really finds Michael sympathetic. But the event that took most of his mind right now, was the proposal. And connected with that he thought about the first time he gave her this ring.

It was then, when he realized how much she really means to him and how much he means to her. He knew he meant something to her, but he could never really see her emotions if she didn't tell him. So, that moment meant a lot to him. That she opened, showed her heart to him. These small moments of experiencing love gave him so much joy that he did feel confident enough to really ask her. And that went way better than he had imagined. He thought he would be getting a head-slap, or at least an Israeli-insult from her. Not receiving punishment was the only way he knew Ziva was completely and truly willing to spend the rest of her life with him.

He lay on the sofa, full of happiness and just smiling at the ceiling thinking about how lucky he is to get to know this very special side of her.