Part 31

Tony finally gave up and stood up. He put on some clothes and went to Tali's room.

As he opened the door, he found Tali already dressed and packing her school backpack.

Tony said: "Morning little sunshine. Since when you wake up without me waking you?"

Tali said while searching for her folders: "I couldn't sleep. And today is the roleplay, Aba."

Tony asked confused: "The roleplay?"

Tali looked at him in shock and asked with sad eyes: "Did you forget? I've told you about it and you promised to come and see me play!"

Tony cursed himself for forgetting about that. He tried to apologize by saying: "No, no, I didn't forget Tali. I just thought it was next week. But I promise you, I'll come."

Tali stared at him, not really convinced, but then said: "Okay. Is Ima coming too?"

Tony answered: "Well I didn't ask her about that but I'm sure she tries to come."

Tali closed her backpack, grabbed it, and turned to Tony and said slightly smiling: "Okay."

They both went to the living room where Ziva was already making breakfast and waiting for them.

"Morning Tali. Here is your lunch box." She gave Tali the small box and added: "I've put an extra sandwich for your lunch before the roleplay."

Tali smiled and turned to Tony as she packed the box in her backpack and giggled. Ziva also stared at him with a mocking smile.

She knew he forgot about the roleplay. Tony sighed and said: "Okay, I forgot about the roleplay. It's not a big deal, stop looking at me like that." He avoided their gaze and went to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. Tali and Ziva looked at each other and grinned.

"I'm nervous too Tony, you can stop making jokes about it." They stepped out of the elevator walking to the bullpen. Tony said: "I'm not the one being sarcastic, Zi-va. And you shouldn't be because this is important for all of us."

They entered the bullpen and Tony went to his desk. Ziva was heading to hers but stopped in front of it as she noticed that it was already taken.

She said: "Ellie. Nice to see you."

Ellie looked up from her screen and said back: "Ziva. Nice to see you too. It's been too long."

With that she stood up and let Ziva take her desk back. Ellie took her things and started walking to the stairs. Tony asked as she exited: "Where are you going?"

"Director's office."

He looked at her leaving with a confused face. He turned back to Ziva and asked: "What did just happen?"

"I don't know. She was your coworker. You should know her better than I do."

He thought about it for a second and then said: "Yeah, I should. But that was pretty un-Ellie-like. She never leaves like that."

Ziva stood up and said: "I have to leave as well. Director is already waiting for me. I will tell you what she wanted from him okay?"

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and also went upstairs. She knocked on the door and waited for the director to tell her to come in.

As she entered, Ellie was standing in front of the director's desk. He had the case file he first gave to her in his hands. He said: "Agent David. Nice to see you. We were just talking about you."

"I hope only about the good."

He smiled and said: "Yes of course."

Ellie turned to her and said: "The NSA agents told me you are out of danger. They analyzed all that happened and came to the point that it was nobody's fault. This case is history now."