Chapter 3: Candle Lights

It's been days since Frisk left Snowdin after telling her goodbyes...

*You look back at the town one last time and see Sans and Papyrus standing outside*
*Papyrus is waving*
*Sans is smiling while he keeps his hands in his pockets*
*Before you looked back forward you saw a glimpse of the Shade of mint glow from Sans jacket and his pupils becoming white irises*
*You turn back to see Sans again*
*He's gone*

Chara: Being creeped out already? Well that isn't all of the Underground, but I wouldn't call them creepy.

*You take in a deep breath and breathes out*
*You look forward with confidence*

Frisk: No. I am not creeped out. I am to go and set the Monsters free. I have to explore the Underground more you know before I can have a chance to help Papyrus and Sans. Plus,*looks back at the Skeleton's Household* I think he'll find out on his own.

*You finally head for Waterfall*
*Someone runs behind you*
*More of something*

???: Quack!
Frisk: *spins around* Hello?
???: Quack!

*You look down only to be greeted by Preyson*

Preyson: QUACK! Quack?
Frisk: Sonny! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be back with Sans. You know he doesn't like you leaving home.
Preyson: *Firm and Loud*Quack!

*Preyson waddles then flies onto Your head*

Frisk: Alright but stay safe alright?
Preyson: *Proud and with head high* QUACK quack.
Frisk: Forward! *Begins to march along the Path*
Chara: *In her own mind* (Why do I bother staying again? Oh yeah it was the only way to survive for now and speak to any being. *sigh* I wish Asriel was here.)

*You, Preyson, and Chara are heading towards Waterfall to encounter Undyne for the 15th time* *Due to the fact that Undyne killed you those other 12 times*
*The other 3 you realized you could finally run away*

...

*It's been about 6 days since You left Snowdin*
*You made a few stops to feed Preyson*
*Chara has been silent the whole time..*
*You are concerned*

Frisk: *while walking* Chara? Why are you so quiet right now?
Chara:*A tone of sadness* Oh. Um. No reason. Just not much of a talker right now.
Frisk: Chara? You sound sad..how bout we tell jokes to another, huh? How does that sound?
Chara: *Slightly cheerful* You sound like Sans. Well, I want to hear one now.
Frisk: Alright! What do you call a person with no body and no nose?
Chara: I dunno what do you call that kind of person?
Frisk: Nobody knows!
Chara: *Snickers* Ok that was a classic.

???: I know I am but what are you?

*You and Chara spin around to see a... Sans?*
*He has a grin of a friendly teddy bear*
*He wears a bold shade of blue*
*He looks like Sans..the one you know for sure*
*But there are 3 things you've noticed..*
*His hoodie is down and he's not complaining or having his seizures*
*His teeth are straight and smooth*
*He also seems less hostile since he has zero trace of a hostility bar*

Sans: Oh where are my manners? I am Sans the Skeleton. Classic. Which AU is this? I was supposed to meet a Papyrus from UnderSwap.

*Classic Sans has realized you were there instead of Chara and seems confused*

Classic: Oh sorry! I am in the wrong one. But welcome to the Underverse! I gotta go. Also, keep up the good work WolfGenes! *Shortcut/Portals away*

*You, Chara and Preyson look at another in shock and confusion*

Frisk: Underverse?
Chara: I heard only stories of a place called that but didn't actually believe it was true.It is actually a shock to see an alternate Sans right now.
Preyson: Quack! *Stares in Chara's direction* Quack!
Frisk: I think he actually sees you.
Preyson: QUACK! *Nuzzles around the air of Chara's head*
Chara: Aw man! He actually knows I am here!
Preyson: Quack! (heya!)
Chara: O_O AHHHH! *Falls onto ground* Sonny? You-You can talk?!
Frisk: *Confused* What? He spoke to you?
Preyson: Quuuack! (Eyyyuup! Been a while to notice this hasn't it Chary?)
Chara: *Shocked slight oozed expression* Hold my chips! You can actually speak to me!
Preyson: Quack-a-wack! (Well I normally can only speak to Sans. Also, did you know everything-) Quack Quack (- I see is in black and white? None of this Gray, color you say? I can see these colorful hearts though!)
Chara: Uh- heheh.
Preyson: (But you! I can see you clear as day! You are full of colors! Not black and white outlines or white with black outlines!)
Frisk: *To Chara* What is he saying?

*Chara is in shock with realizing a duck is speaking to her*
*Preyson smiles then hops into your bag and sleeps*
*You shrug and start to go back on your journey*

Back to Sans...

*Sans is currently following a human*

Sans: I am just going to see how far this kid goes this time. *Is walking right behind at a 8 yard distance* Seems peaceful this time I actually think they either A. Figured out I am the Wolf and doing that big speech again, B. Finally Gave up (never gonna happen) or C. Are trying to stalk Frisk again.

Rustle Rustle

*Sans spins around near the sound*
*Sans summons Gaster Blaster he named Gal and Blasty*
*The bush rustles again*

Rustle rustle rustle

Sans: Come out. Or I will blast you. *Revs Blasty knowing that he does the most damage and gets slightly chaotic with it* (This better be some prank. Well, I've seen better ones.)

*A fox comes out*
*Sans stays silent*
*Blasty is still around and Gal is just watching*
*The Fox blinks and-*

FWOOM

*Sans used blue magic to bring the fox to his face*
*They stare for a while*

Fox: (How do you do?)
Sans: What do ya want?
Fox: (Nothing much just taking a stroll around. Also, how's everything going with Pr-)

*Gore by chance ahead*

Crackle SNAP!

*The head of the fox is torn off by Sans' hand*
*Blood spilled all over the dark ground around the head of the fox*
*It's head stares at the sky with emptiness*
*And Sans just stood there....*
*..smiling*
*The last candle of Sanity is slowly burning out in the surrounding darkness that slowly consumes Sans*

Sans: Welp I don't want him to go to waste. But he should just have left little Sonny alone. *Takes a bite on the side of the Fox exposing a lung and blood and bone* Welp time to go back to tracking Frisk.
Gal: (Wow. Rude much Sans?)
Blasty: (I didn't get my blast time!)
Sans: Guys no complaining right now. I gotta find Frisk. Also, Sonny is missing. I can smell him but I can't see him.
Gal: (AGAIN, why kill the Fox? He did nothing but greet you!)
Sans: Don't talk to me about morals right now PLEASE.
Blasty: (Can I please blast something? You promised me!)
Sans: *Looks at the head* Blast that.

BWAAAAAAMF BWAMF BWAMF

*Blood splatters everywhere then disintegrates*

*Gore I believe is over*

*Sans finally goes back to following a Human*
*His candle flickers then continues to burn after the thought of the Human*
*Papyrus saw this after trying to catch up to give Frisk the forgotten spaghetti container*

__________________________________________________________

(1181 words)

Please Comment and Vote!
What do you think about the story so far?
How do you feel about how the characters?
What is your favorite part (s)?
If you could change one outcome what would it be?