Holly Jolly

3rd person pov:

El was on the couch playing with Mike's walkie, while the others were talking.

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That will give us at least a few hours for Operation Merkwood. " Mike said.

"You seriously think that weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked, still skeptical.

"Just trust me on this ok?" Mike said and Lucas obligated.

Mike turned back towards the table,"You have the supplies?" He asked.

"Yeah, Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camo bandana, and a wrist rocket." Lucas said.

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a sligshot?" Y/n asked raising an eyebrow.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye and blind it." Lucas corrected.

"That's not gonna blind it that's only gonna make it pissed off." Y/n said.

"Dustin what did you get?" Mike asked changing the subject.

Dustin flipped over his backpack to reveal a backpack full of food. "Well alrighty, so we've got, nutty bars, bazooka, pez, smarties, nilla wafers, apple, banana, trail mix, and no longer Pringles because y/n's eating them." Dustin gestured to y/n taking a chip out.

"What, I'm hungry." She said, as she handed a chip to Dustin, which he happily took.

"Seriously" Lucas said looking at Dustin.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides why do we even need weapons anyway, we have her." Dustin said gesturing to El.

"She shut one door!" Lucas said.

"With her mind!" Dustin argued back.

"It was pretty bad ass." Y/n said then putting another chip in her mouth.

"I bet she could make this fly!" Dustin held up the Melenum falcon (idk how to spell lmao).

He walked over towards El, who was sitting on the couch, "Hey hey, ok concentrate"

He dropped it in front of her and it didn't fly. "Ok one more time. Use your powers ok?" He dropped it again El just looked annoyed at this point.

"She's not a dog!" Mike said.

"Kids! Time for school!" Mike's mom yelled from upstairs.

They grabbed what they needed and went upstairs and waited for Mike to come, hopped on their bikes, and rode to school.

♤♤♤♤♤

The 4 have been looking for rocks for the 'wrist rocket' for a while.

"How about this one?" Mike asked while bringing a rock over to Dustin

"Too big for the sling." Dustin dropped it and said "do you think 11 was born with her powers, like the X-man, or do you think she acquired them, like... like Green lantern?"

"She's not a superhero, she's a weirdo." Lucas said sourly.

"Why does that matter? The X-men were weirdos." Mike said back.

"If you love her so much, why don't you just marry her?" Lucas said