The Mall Rats

Quick A.N. I've been really caught up with soccer and school and everything else I haven't updated in a while but the fall soccer season ended so I should be updating a little more. Enjoy!

"Have a nice day." An employee said that was working at scoops.

She had a sailor's uniform on, with short dark hair and freckles on her face.

The couple moved on and Dustin and y/n walked up to the counter.

"Hi." Dustin said with a big smile on his face as y/n waved with the hand that wasn't being held by Dustin's.

"Hi." The employee said sounding tired.

"I'm Dustin, and that's y/n" Dustin said pointing to himself and y/n with his free hand.

"I'm Robin." Robin said back raising an eyebrow.

"Pleasure to meet you. Us is- is he here?" Dustin asked.

"Is who here?" Robin asked.

The door burst open just when the music in the parlor picked up, with Steve in a matching uniform.

"Henderson." He said pointing to Dustin as Dustin broke out in happy laughter. "Henderson! He's back! He's back!"

"I'm back! You got the job!" Dustin said.

"I got the job!" Steve said imitating a trumpet.

Dustin let go of y/n's hand to do the handshake they had memorized.

They laughed after finished the handshake and Dustin grabbed y/n's hand again and squeezed it.

Robin spoke up, "How many children are you friends with?"

Steve sighed and gestured to Robin.

♤♤♤♤♤

Dustin and y/n carved their spoons into a banna split the was shaped like a boat.

"Do you really get to eat as much of this as you want?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me though. I gotta keep in shape for the ladies." Steve said putting an arm up on the booth they were sitting in.

"Oh yeah? And how's that working out for ya?" Robin said across the store.

"Ignore her." Steve said.

"She seems cool." Dustin said.

"Yeah she does, I have a feeling we're going to get along pretty well." Y/n said.

"She might get along with you, but she's not cool." Steve said, "so, where are the other knuckleheads?"

Dustin looked up from the banna split and said, "they ditched me yesterday."

"No way." Steve said.

"My first day back. Cab you believe that shit? Everyone but y/n left me." Dustin said.

"Whoa seriously?" Steve asked.

"I swear to god." Dustin said. "They're gonna regret it though, big time, when they don't get to share in our glory."

"Glory? What Glory?" Steve asked.

Dustin went up to Steve, "so last night. We were trying to get the radio tower working. And uh, *I intercepted a secret Russian communication.*" Dustin whispered.